Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gosh, I love Nate Silver!  Stats for everything! VORB (Value over Replacement Burrito) LULZ

Wish I had this job.  

I've actually had burritos from all the SF establishments listed.  HRD is unique because it incorporates Korean flavors.  

Intrigued to see who prevails in the South/West Regions.  Only burritos I've had in Texas were from chains: Freebirds, Chipotle. 

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/in-search-of-americas-best-burrito/

Not a burrito guy. Ima Taco guy.

I always insist on corn tortillas which pretty much excluse burritos. BTW, enchiladas are made with corn tortillas. If the have flour tortillas you've just made a burrito casserole.

Just want to be clear about this since you've been away from Texas for awhile. Cali Mexican food often gets these little food facts mixed up.

Not that there is anything wrong with burritos, for me it's just a personal preference. I even make my own corn tortillas. Love Em that much. This weekend I'll make a batch. I'llmake some Coconut Curry Corn Tortillas andfillthem with grilled Chiken and grilled Peppers and grilled Pinapple. I just made this up years ago and it's a big hit with the Fam.

I've seen a flying burrito and preformed one....

Isnt that a wrestling move?

There also used to be a band using that name.

I agree with Sheevas that the tortilla can make a huge difference.

I am sort of a taco addict.  My BMI would be so much lower but for them.

I search them out wherever I go.  Some of the most enjoyable food I've ever had, is just standing in the street eating them from random taco vendors.  Locally, we have food trucks now.  Back in the day, it meant Mexico and taking your chances, if you know what I mean.

I have always enjoyed the whole street market vibe in total. The bottom one here is Oaxaca which has a thriving outdoor marekt.

IPA-Carne-Asada-Tacos-imahe.jpg

large_20080502-flint-cinco-de-mayo-stree

MexicoStreetFood3844-2-642.jpg

4401404882_94f9576879_z.jpg

Burritos are not a TexMex item. I don't think I ever heard of a burrito before the Flying Burritos Bros. Probably never tried one til I was in my 30's.

It's not something I would order at a restaurant. But I never order fajitas either. We used to buy skirt steak in the 70's when we were starving students. We'd take a mallet to it and grill it up.

But I never heard of "fajitas" til the 80's. Tacos al Carbon, si muy bueno.

Burritos are not a TexMex item. I don't think I ever heard of a burrito before the Flying Burritos Bros. Probably never tried one til I was in my 30's.

It's not something I would order at a restaurant. But I never order fajitas either. We used to buy skirt steak in the 70's when we were starving students. We'd take a mallet to it and grill it up.

But I never heard of "fajitas" til the 80's. Tacos al Carbon, si muy bueno.

HND, come to think of it, I've never had a non-chain burrito until I moved to California.  Very popular there.  You're right, burritos are not a Tex Mex item.  

My favorite Tex-Mex dish is the chalupa/tostada.  Is there a difference?

• Administrators

Some of the most enjoyable food I've ever had, is just standing in the street eating them from random taco vendors.  Locally, we have food trucks now.  Back in the day, it meant Mexico and taking your chances, if you know what I mean.

I tried a cabrito taco when we made a border trip in the early 90's. It ruined me forever...street food vendors can't possibly live up to that taco.

Esquire is calling this one  THE MOST LIFE-CHANGING BURRITO IN AMERICA

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/food-for-men/el-farolito-best-burrito-winner-15120286

el-i8q2Yg-farolito.jpg

I'm a believer!  One day, I requested a burrito from La Taqueria and my ex got me a burrito from El Farolito instead because it was his favorite.  I was so mad at him because I doubted his sense of taste being a vegetarian that consumes mostly grilled cheeses and cheese pizzas.  Well, he was right.  It was the best burrito I've had.  Ever since, El Farolito FTW.  

One day, I requested a burrito from La Taqueria and my ex got me a burrito from El Farolito instead because it was his favorite.  I was so mad at him because I doubted his sense of taste being a vegetarian that consumes mostly grilled cheeses and cheese pizzas. ....

I found this muy funny

Ordering burritos is serious business

I am not so good at the ability to roll "Rs" - but I can roll the shit out of the Rs in buRRRRRRito

Central Texas - Any place with the name "Jalistos" is usually good.

Chain - Rudy's has good breakfast burritos, and you can get it in a bowl thus eliminating the extra 100-150

calories that a flour tortilla provides. I like brisket, bacon, egg & potato with a jalapeño.

Seeds are out for the California and West Region.

California Region

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-search-for-americas-best-burrito-starts-in-california/

West Region: (Cabo Bob's Burrito in Austin is seeded #2 & ChiLantro #20)

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/western-states-are-a-new-frontier-in-the-search-for-americas-best-burrito/