Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Met Art Briles in Waco today and other Baylor facility observations

Y'all

I was in Waco today for a lunch meeting. I arrived a bit early and had time to go over to the Baylor campus and visit the Baseball Stadium, Inside Football Practice Facility, & saw the new McLane Stadium. Afterwards I headed to the Texas Sports Hall of Fame and then to lunch. For the record, the Texas Sports Hall of Fame is the best $7 I have EVER spent. EVER!!

I have to say, I have recently visited the Ohio State campus, the LSU campus, the Wisconsin campus, the Georgia Tech campus, & now the Baylor campus. Each of these have MUCH nicer facilities that are permanent as opposed to a bubble for an indoor facility. We may be the Jones, but we need to start acting Jones in every facet of the College Football arms race. On to lunch..

Was at Ninfa's in downtown Waco and Art Briles walks in the door by himself. No entourage, no posse, just the guy heading to lunch by himself. Before anyone asks, yes he had the prototypical Briles long sleeve light weight shirt on. Anyway, I went up and introduced myself and of course my college affiliation. We talked for a bit and he asked where I was from. Told him I was from San Antonio and he told me that they were going to be conducted a camp down here this weekend. Hell of a nice guy!

Hook 'em!

SGpost-3400-0-97467300-1401932350_thumb.jpgpost-3400-0-96465300-1401932383_thumb.jpgpost-3400-0-85362500-1401932402_thumb.jpgpost-3400-0-87480400-1401932419_thumb.jpgpost-3400-0-87480400-1401932419_thumb.jpgpost-3400-0-91257900-1401933156_thumb.jpg

Heard Briles on Brando's show on XM this morning and he sounds like a great guy. For one thing I'm glad they have a new stadium because Floyd Casey is the worst crapper of a stadium I visit every other year. Thank you for sharing the photographs and your story about today.

Y'all

I was in Waco today for a lunch meeting. I arrived a bit early and had time to go over to the Baylor campus and visit the Baseball Stadium, Inside Football Practice Facility, & saw the new McLane Stadium. Afterwards I headed to the Texas Sports Hall of Fame and then to lunch. For the record, the Texas Sports Hall of Fame is the best $7 I have EVER spent. EVER!!

I have to say, I have recently visited the Ohio State campus, the LSU campus, the Wisconsin campus, the Georgia Tech campus, & now the Baylor campus. Each of these have MUCH nicer facilities that are permanent as opposed to a bubble for an indoor facility. We may be the Jones, but we need to start acting Jones in every facet of the College Football arms race. On to lunch..

Was at Ninfa's in downtown Waco and Art Briles walks in the door by himself. No entourage, no posse, just the guy heading to lunch by himself. Before anyone asks, yes he had the prototypical Briles long sleeve light weight shirt on. Anyway, I went up and introduced myself and of course my college affiliation. We talked for a bit and he asked where I was from. Told him I was from San Antonio and he told me that they were going to be conducted a camp down here this weekend. Hell of a nice guy!

Hook 'em!

SGattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

FINALLY!  a voice of pure reason and integrity.  sg, i have been voicing these very same sentiments in regards to our noted sports facilities, currently standing upon the 40 acres for quite some time now.  i have stated this once, and i shall state it again... just what the heck was deloss dodds doing upon all this time?  how on earth, was such a noted gentlemen / professional / scholar, allowed to just sit back and let TEXAS sports facilities to just rapidly deteriorate.. is just beyond me.  so very many other schools, have indeed marched ahead of us... and now we have to leap forward BIG TIME, in an effort to catch up.  there are many others, that just love to offer up some form of an excuse, or what not, regarding these antiquated facilities that just never ever makes any sense.  trust me, when we start to LOSE ENOUGH NOTABLE RECRUITS...  someone's going to have to take note and finally act!