Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Keke commits to ATM

ATX89

At this point, we have to just be thankful anyone who committed to aggy decided to stay away from our program. No coach catches all the warning signals when it comes to poor judgment on the part of the kids being recruited, but willingly walking into that cesspool today, of all days, makes one wonder what the kid was thinking. 

Fairly obvious why he committed a day after the dismissal. If you want instant playing time at DT you go to the Aggies, because they have no depth. Losing Golden means Keke could very well see big minutes in his freshmen year. It's why even Hamm was saying the dismissal would help in recruiting yesterday. 

At this point, we have to just be thankful anyone who committed to aggy decided to stay away from our program. No coach catches all the warning signals when it comes to poor judgment on the part of the kids being recruited, but willingly walking into that cesspool today, of all days, makes one wonder what the kid was thinking. 

Not academics.

His immediate playing time and his "NFL future".

We're dangerously close to be shut out 3 yrs in a row for instate DT talent. Nothing to see here move along.

Are we limiting are self to instate DT?.... and quite frankly it looks as though atm's Instate DT are in jail, facing changes or transfering...

basically every other day we are reading / hearing about skilled recruits headed up to college station.  i am almost certain that their parents are hereby reading the papers and hearing the rumor mill / gossip mongering... and yet, they are still capturing great recruits.  wow, what exactly is it?  is it their new $450 million dollar palace that they are constructing as we speak?  why this steady stream of great players, in lieu of all of the dubious distinctions being doled out upon the national headlines, tweeter mills, facebook pages?  why oh why, are they being so very successful upon their recruiting strategies?  

plugin-3d-man.jpeg     

basically every other day we are reading / hearing about skilled recruits headed up to college station. i am almost certain that their parents are hereby reading the paper's and hearing the rumor mill / gossip mongering... and yet, they are still capturing great recruits. wow, what exactly is it? is it their new $450 million dollar palace that they are constructing as we speak? why this steady stream of great players, in lieu of all of the dubious distinctions being doled out upon the national headlines, tweeter mills, facebook pages? why oh why, are they being so very successful upon their recruiting strategies?

If you know you son is a marginal student, has a terrible work ethic, a fu@k as a human being and a good athlete, tamu is the perfect place for him to play college football.

Let's not forget that 30% of Sumlin's first recruiting class is no longer with the team. People gave Mack crap for not developing talent. So far, Sumlin isn't doing all that well, either.

The last time A & M had this much success in recruiting, they were delivering cash to recruits in large brown envelopes. I have had 3 players tell me their stories. One of them was recruited approximately 20 years ago, and another approximately 15 years ago. And then there is the story of Jami Hightower. That young man bled orange, but others had a vested interest in him playing football for A&M. He did, and his bright future went down the drain. When a person is miserable, they rarely perform to their potential.

If I'm not mistaken, had he been allowed to follow his heart, he would have been on our National Championship team.

While I'm at it, Mike, why don't you just change your logo to that of an Aggie and your colors to Maroon and White. It's not healthy to spend so much time doing something you so obviously dislike, and you seem like a nice fellow when you aren't irritable. Live long and prosper!

Hook 'em

Seems like an unfair characterization of the players we are getting. But if that is the case then how were some of these players able to earn an offer from charlie strong?

Wouldn't that be a question better posed to Charlie Strong?

As for an "unfair characterization" I am not so sure. Let's start looking at some of the others. Speedy Noil wasn't on campus for six weeks before he was in the same vehicle as Golden and Claiborne when Golden got arrested. I will give Speedy 6 months tops before he is arrested. One of every ten scholarship players were ineligible to set foot on the field to start last season. Where are all these upstanding scholars you seem to believe Kevin Sumlin is recruiting?

Well keke must have been "hard working" enough to get an offer from strong. Lanfear was committed to strong for a while so it would stand to reason that he was vetted.

That's just two off the top of my head.

There is also an element of discipline involved. No accountability at aggy for being arrested, Charlie Strong's expectations of being in class on time, sitting in the first two rows and participating as opposed to Sumlin's not showing in a classroom for entire semesters and taking every class online, etc.

I certainly wouldn't let Kevin Sumlin in my house to recruit my son, let alone trust Sumlin to provide leadership and guidance to him. Few aggys believe there is a serious problem with Kevin Sumlin's leadership of the program. Nothing about the program will change for the better any time soon. Kids who are character risks or grade risks fully understand Kevin Sumlin is their kind of coach.

RD, you should be more empathetic. Summy is probably still hung over when the fellows are in morning classes, and how in the heck is he supposed to monitor kids in online classes, anyway. I mean, he's only a man! Behave yourself.

Joe, defend individual kids, some of them are great kids, but don't defend Sumlin. The crap he has allowed some players to get away with is indefensible! Pulled a gun on 3 guys, puhleeze! The Stansbury crap, pretty puhleeze. I'm not going to go on, but I could-even ignored the dealing against those two jackasses that pulled the gun.

That is NOT what I am saying, at all. I did not even imply it; however, I think kids can get hurt, innocent kids, by being in the wrong place at the wrong time. They don't have to doing anything wrong.

When this many Ag players get into this much trouble, Sumlin is not doing his job.

I must go. Have not eaten dinner.

gn