Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

LHN to debut two new Texas Football specials!

LHN will be available to DISH customers on channel 407 in the America’s Top 120+ and higher packages nationwide beginning Wednesday, May 28 at 6 p.m. CST.

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2014/05/longhorn-network-available-on-dish-nationwide-may-28/

Two NEW specials!

• Strong: Longhorn legend and LHN analyst Ricky Williams sits down for an exclusive interview with new head coach Charlie Strong. Debuts Wednesday, May 28 at 7 p.m.
  • New Era: Get to know Charlie Strong’s new football staff through exclusive mic’d up practices and interviews. Debuts Thursday, May 29 at 7 p.m.

I check out LHN all the time

I kind of got "hooked" on UT Volleyball, as they are so damned good

I even sometimes watch the womens soccer

Plus, they have the odd Bball and football which are "must haves"

Lotsa home baseball - I have prolly tuned in for this more than anything else

(but I cant watch the softball - my coed teams were better - sorry-no offense intended - I still have a spot in my heart for Cat)

They carry lectures sometimes.  Maybe a UT prof or guest lecture - I have watched a few of these (Mark Cuban for example)

Its a first class production - their weakness is primarily the need for more content

Lastly, they replay the 2005 season and Rose Bowl all the time, which is fine with me

Oh, and the previous Rose Bowl

I check out LHN all the time

I kind of got "hooked" on UT Volleyball, as they are so damned good

I even sometimes watch the womens soccer

Plus, they have the odd Bball and football which are "must haves"

(but I cant watch the softball - my coed teams were better - sorry-no offense intended - I still have a spot in my heart for Cat)

They carry lectures sometimes.  Maybe a UT prof or guest lecture - I have watched a few of these (Mark Cuban for example)

Its a first class production - their weakness is primarily the need for more content

Lastly, they replay the 2005 season and Rose Bowl all the time, which is fine with me

Oh, and the previous Rose Bowl

I wish LHN would develop programs similar to "SEC Storied" or "A Football Life" featuring our great football players and athletes from the past; Layne, Street, Nobis, etc.

I wish LHN would develop programs similar to "SEC Storied" or "A Football Life" featuring our great football players and athletes from the past; Layne, Street, Nobis, etc.

There is the Ricky Story.

And the '63 Team Story.

Both good.

I expect more.  

Would like to see one on Slater Martin.  I met him as a kid, and he had a restaurant/bar on my side of town, but I never really knew anything about his career.

Clemens, of course, would also be a good one - he grew up with a single mom, had to go the JUCO route - then transferred and won the CWS in a fabulous set of games.  Not that long afterwards, he was in the World Series.  Quite the career from there.  But he might resist this, I dont know.