Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Texas Football Strength of Schedule - 2014

• Administrators

According to CBS Sports Texas' Strength of Schedule ranks 15th nationally and 1st in the Big 12.

http://www.cbssports.com/general/writer/jerry-palm/24569717/breaking-down-the-schedules-big-12

Oklahoma and Texas are the only teams not playing an FCS opponent this season.

National Strength of Schedule by team in the Big 12:

School                           Strength of Schedule
Texas                              15th

West Virginia                   16th

Ok. State                         20th

Iowa State                       28th

TCU                                 38th

Kansas                            41st

Baylor                              45th

Kansas State                   51st

Oklahoma                        54th

Texas Tech                      71st

The UCLA game will be tough and so will a few of the conference games but I'm not looking at our '14 schedule and cringing.

Thoughts?

I think a big thing is when certain teams pop up on the schedule.

What I like about ours:

1. We get BYU in Austin and UCLA in Arlington. That's two homes games (as far as I'm concerned) for two tough teams. Advantage Texas.

2. We get OSU and Texas Tech away during the latter part of the season. Both teams should be firing on all cylinders by then unless Tech fades again.

3. Getting WV at home is big. They are tough in Morgantown and have the makings of a nice team this year. Ask OU about Morgantown. They get to go there again this year.

4. Getting Baylor on Oct. 4 is a big deal. That means we get them before they come together. They have issues in the early part of the season each year it seems.

5. If we were playing last year's North Texas team, the opener would be quite a game. This one could be a feel good victory just for the displayed dominance.

OU's schedule sets them up for quite a run. They get their OOC big games Tennessee and La Tech at home. They get K State, Baylor and OSU at home. IF they get by Texas, there's nothing really to stop them.

Aggy's OOC is a joke. Boring. Rice, SMU, La-Monroe. Why not Dallas Carter?

I don't think enough folks have really looked at the schedule yet. Otherwise more would be talking about it. For a program that's changing everything, this schedule is not a bunch of cupcake games.

i guess, but what's there to talk about? we'll play who we play. either we'll be good enough to compete week-in-and-week-out or we won't.

• Administrators

i guess, but what's there to talk about? we'll play who we play. either we'll be good enough to compete week-in-and-week-out or we won't.

I agree with your sentiment. I worded my post poorly. 

What I was trying to say is that all the folks that are saying Texas has a shot to go undefeated/win the Big 12/play in a BCS game/etc, obviously haven't looked at the schedule.

Nobody/media isn't talking about how many difficult games are on the schedule. I guess it's more interesting to talk about the QB situation.

I agree with your sentiment. I worded my post poorly. 

What I was trying to say is that all the folks that are saying Texas has a shot to go undefeated/win the Big 12/play in a BCS game/etc, obviously haven't looked at the schedule.

Nobody/media isn't talking about how many difficult games are on the schedule. I guess it's more interesting to talk about the QB situation.

gotcha.

since the beginning of the poll era in 1936, we've had 7 undefeated regular seasons. it really doesn't matter what the schedule is, it's damn hard to do. anybody predicting that in any year is likely to end up dissapointed. and this year, there are far too many unknowns to even consider it IMO.