Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2014 Commencement Address

Planohorn

My son graduated from The University this past weekend. We were lucky enough to have Admiral McRaven deliver one of the best speeches I have ever heard. Everyone we talked to afterward was going on and on about how great it was.  You can read the text at the link below.  

It was a great weekend filled with lots of family and tons of pride for Texas. My sooner in-laws could not have been more impressed. They went on and on about how great the city, the school, the ceremony, etc. are.  If you haven't attended the campus wide  ceremony in a few years I highly recommend going. It's just a great spectacle and the kids have a blast. I felt like a kid again.

Some of you may remember that my son missed top 10 by fractions (Plano West Top 10 was just under a 4.2) and got into UT off the waiting list. This weekend he graduated from the School of Natural Sciences with Honors and a degree in Computational Biology and a Business certificate.  He's off to Houston to attend Medical School in the fall.

http://alcalde.texasexes.org/2014/05/mcraven-to-grads-to-change-the-world-start-by-making-your-bed/