Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Sign in to follow this  
Sledgehorn

Some initial thoughts on the NCAA tourney

1. Baylor could end up making a strong run as long and Drew does not have to coach them through situational basketball.

2. It's silly that Washington didn't get it the field.

3. UNC will struggle if they don't have Henson healthy and able to be athletic.

4. It was hard to not pick a bunch of the favorites when I filled out my bracket the first time.

5. Kentucky is going to be real hard to keep from cutting down the nets.

6. The automatic births into the tourney are silly. 15 - 18 Western Kentucky should not be in.

7. Cal is underrated and Missouri is overrated.

Baylor could be a dark horse in this tourney. I think they beat Duke or Notre Dame to ultimately advance. On the flip I think Mizzou is "as advertised." I believe they are better than the 1 seed Michigan State Spartans and we will see Mizzou in New Orleans. Will KU lose in the first or second round?

I think the unibrows are going to win it. Kentucky lost 2 games this season and yes, Vanderbilt beat them in the SEC tournament this weekend but how is Kentucky supposed to get up for that game? They knew they were a #1 seed already. The unibrow is alive and well!

270640.jpg

1. Baylor could end up making a strong run as long and Drew does not have to coach them through situational basketball.

2. It's silly that Washington didn't get it the field.

3. UNC will struggle if they don't have Henson healthy and able to be athletic.

4. It was hard to not pick a bunch of the favorites when I filled out my bracket the first time.

5. Kentucky is going to be real hard to keep from cutting down the nets.

6. The automatic births into the tourney are silly. 15 - 18 Western Kentucky should not be in.

7. Cal is underrated and Missouri is overrated.

#3 is correct except Henson WILL be healthy. He could have played in the last game but the erred on the side of caution. North Carolina will be in the Finals, which is OK because they won't meet Texas until the final four (cough cough).

Fact is... Kentucky is the best team in the tournament. They have a fairly easy road to the final four and have a really good shot at cutting down the nets. I also like FSU if they continue to run the floor and shoot well they have a legitimate shot at making it to New Orleans.

Fact is... Kentucky is the best team in the tournament. They have a fairly easy road to the final four and have a really good shot at cutting down the nets. I also like FSU if they continue to run the floor and shoot well they have a legitimate shot at making it to New Orleans.

I agree 100%

The Texas vs. 'Noles second round matchup would be interesting. See, I think the Horns are in a fairly easy bracket and I can see them making the Sweet 16. That's not the homerism talking either.

1. I agree that if Drew can get out of his teams way, Baylor can go far. He calls the most random and useless TO's of any coach I see.

2. Washington didn't derserve to be in the tourney, although they won the Pac-12 regular season, it was an unbalanced schedule, so they didn't play everyone. The Pac-12 is way down, which is sad to see, because UCLA and Arizona have always been main-stays in the tournament.

3. UNC is a built to be a great tournament team, they will get Hensen back and will make a run to the Final 4.

4. I have Kentucky playing Kansas in the Finals and the Wildcats will be cutting the nets down.

5. Iona never should have been in the tournament, but they give us one of the best dumpster fire endings of the season. So they have that going for them.

6. Florida St. is going to make a lot of noise in this tourney.

1. I agree that if Drew can get out of his teams way, Baylor can go far. He calls the most random and useless TO's of any coach I see.

2. Washington didn't derserve to be in the tourney, although they won the Pac-12 regular season, it was an unbalanced schedule, so they didn't play everyone. The Pac-12 is way down, which is sad to see, because UCLA and Arizona have always been main-stays in the tournament.

3. UNC is a built to be a great tournament team, they will get Hensen back and will make a run to the Final 4.

4. I have Kentucky playing Kansas in the Finals and the Wildcats will be cutting the nets down.

5. Iona never should have been in the tournament, but they give us one of the best dumpster fire endings of the season. So they have that going for them.

6. Florida St. is going to make a lot of noise in this tourney.

Iona was good, they just couldn't hold up. If their coach does not change his coaching style and they go soft after getting up 25, the game never slows down and BYU can never get going. I heard a show this morning talking about that. Coaches take themselves out of games by basically sitting on a lead. Dummies.