Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I bid you fare well.

Apparently, while I was napping, the topic where I was in a bit of disagreement with lsampson and apparently a few others about the Micheal Sams issue was deleted.  Obviously, being open minded about the subject of homosexuality is not a reasonable point for discussion on this web site.  Frankly, I do not think I was unreasonable in my discussion.  Obviously, others thought differently.  I am upset that i did not even have the opportunity to even make a copy of the things that I had to say.  If anybody has access to that content and feels it appropriate to share it with me, I would appreciate it.  My e-mail address is budreau@austin.rr.com.  If you do not like the position that I took, quite frankly, I do not give a flying F@#K.  I thought that this website was different, but I did not expect that it was homophobic.  I know that is not the position that many of you have, but it is obvious that that is the position that the powers that be assume.  I am sorry to be saying that I will be leaving this web site..  If you disagree with me, you have my e-mail, but, please just save your breath and the effort it takes to comment.  I really do not care what you think.  If you think well of what I have had to say in any of my comments, I thank you and I wish you well.  I hope you get a chance to read this before it, too is deleted.

Budreau

• Administrators

I missed the thread while on vacation. Sorry to see you go. 

I don't think you should paint with such a wide brush as to call HornSports homophobic, but, again, I missed the exchange. 

I'm sure you'll be hearing from a Mod re: the thread.

• Administrators

Budreaurey,

You aren't going anywhere!  This board needs you and respects you.  The thread was not deleted because of anything you said but rather because of the place the entire discussion was headed. It was good conversation on a relevant topic - but it inched down a path that got squirrely. None of your comments had anything to do with the deletion of the thread.

You weren't the only member to express concern over this thread.  We want to respect all of our members and it seemed prudent to delete the thread before it caused a ton of damage.  Again, it had nothing to do with you!

Budreaurey,

You aren't going anywhere!  This board needs you and respects you.  The thread was not deleted because of anything you said but rather because of the place the entire discussion was headed. It was good conversation on a relevant topic - but it inched down a path that got squirrely. None of your comments had anything to do with the deletion of the thread.

You weren't the only member to express concern over this thread.  We want to respect all of our members and it seemed prudent to delete the thread before it caused a ton of damage.  Again, it had nothing to do with you!

Actually, I thought we all did a good job "agreeing to disagree" before things got heated or too personal.  I'm surprised that the thread was deleted.  Obviously, I don't agree with that decision.

Sorry to see you go, Budreau.

Budreaux,

Stick around.  Don't get too worked up by the deletion. I too was a bit surprised when I got back on this evening and it was gone. I'll get over it.  It was going down a slippery slope, and let's face it, the issue is a sensitive one for many people. 

You're opinion is equal to everyone else's here.  Well, except for McPhaul.  His opinion is a shade less valuable than the rest of ours.  But we love him anyway.  :D

So just quit being a Cartman.  ;)

:PB)

OMG!  what happened!  i depart the forum to go and acquire an update as per the HOUSTON CHRONICLE..  and i return to read that one of our best, most articulate, dynamic, great personality, member mates is deciding to bid us farewell..  due to some BS, upon one of our more controversial threads...  YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING?  budreaureye, please take a moment to relax and think about this.  to date, hornsports, is indeed one of the very top TEXAS LONGHORN WEBSITES / FORUMS.  i do not think that we are just going to sit back, and allow for one of our best members, to depart this great forum in anger.  aaron, and the powers that be..  shall get this worked out.  trust me!  

One reason that I seldom comment on those kinds of threads is that things are often said that are hurtful and difficult to retract.  On most political issues I am in a decided minority position and rather than try to convince anyone that I am right (ain't gonna happen) I just try to refrain from any involvement.

I guess an underlying principle to live by might be that in most arguments, particularly those involving religious and political issues, you are hardly ever going to change another person's point view.  Trying to do so usually results in ruffled feelings.

One reason that I seldom comment on those kinds of threads is that things are often said that are hurtful and difficult to retract.  On most political issues I am in a decided minority position and rather than try to convince anyone that I am right (ain't gonna happen) I just try to refrain from any involvement.

I guess an underlying principle to live by might be that in most arguments, particularly those involving religious and political issues, you are hardly ever going to change another person's point view.  Trying to do so usually results in ruffled feelings.

Words to live by Cap'n.  You are a wise soul. 

Sad to see anyone leave over something so trivial. Especially when it's been explained. But I would like to assure Bud that this site is anything but homophobic. I can assure you that many of us share the same mindset. Best wishes, if you depart. But you're among friends here if you should choose to stay.

Budreaureye, I still live in the 50's with my Butch Wax for my flat top due and Bird nest.

I believe in you, and think you are great. Just to let you know I use the Red Butch Wax.

I am sad for this action.

Byron/Gene

Topstarr

Listen to what JimR says about talking to friends about politics or religion.

Not to discount our online relationships, but most of us aren't very close friends.

Otherwise, why do we feel compelled to use anonymous handles?  I thought the HS board was the perfect forum for debate on most topics.