Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

REPORT: oklahoma planning $350 million dollar expansion

monarch

Well, that doesn't scare me so much. They only add 8K seats and let's face it, that place looks like a large high school stadium. The general look of the place won't be affected. Adding luxury suits is nice. Player facilities upgrade is probably what you're referring to here. I don't know though. We're seldom outdone, even after the competition signs their check.

Well, that doesn't scare me so much. They only add 8K seats and let's face it, that place looks like a large high school stadium. The general look of the place won't be affected. Adding luxury suits is nice. Player facilities upgrade is probably what you're referring to here. I don't know though. We're seldom outdone, even after the competition signs their check.

you are indeed correct my pal.  although, all the very young prospective recruit shall need to see vs hear is..  "newly renovated $350 million stadium" and that alone shall speak volumes.  to a very young impressionable recruit, this translates to "new".  and what better way to gauge any young recruits attention, than to mention a new stadium with premium player facility upgrades.  trust me, it get's them every time. 

Arms race. I think we need to one-up the Aggies. If I recall, they added more seats to say they can seat a few more thousand than UT. Once they commit and pour concrete, we should close the South End and say "Who's your Daddy?".

Reminds me of a story from a friend that used to work for AMD. As soon as AMD would announce a new processor, Intel would come out shortly and announce one 10% faster. It was a mental beat-down.

86' don't forget the last DKR expansion which was right after Kyle expansion. After work began on DKR, Aggy decides to narrow their seats to 18 inches wide so they can fit more seats than DKR. Just goes to show how anal Aggy is about these things.

Monarch, while I agree the word "new" is attractive, if any of them see Texas as well as OU I think they're left thinking "wow, OU spent all that money and still didn't catch up with Texas."

Maybe my shades are tinted too burnt orange, I don't know. :)

Personally (again I am in the minority) .. .I don't want to see DKR expanded any more. . . I would rather see real upgrades.  .better seating, better concessions etc

But we can build a better practice facility, we can upgrade the weight room . . . .but at the end of teh day. . . .if the reports are anywhere near correct. . .the package is already pretty impressive.. . 

BTW, I have been told that OU is a great venue for watching football . .frankly went to the Armed forces bowl. . . love TCU's stadium .. great site lines. . . 

Personally (again I am in the minority) .. .I don't want to see DKR expanded any more. . . I would rather see real upgrades.  .better seating, better concessions etc

But we can build a better practice facility, we can upgrade the weight room . . . .but at the end of teh day. . . .if the reports are anywhere near correct. . .the package is already pretty impressive.. . 

BTW, I have been told that OU is a great venue for watching football . .frankly went to the Armed forces bowl. . . love TCU's stadium .. great site lines. . . 

I completely agree, how about instead of expanding seat capacity at DKR, how about improving the stadium that is already there, renovate the older areas of the stadium.

And change of the seating, get the students closer to the center of the field, DKR is a joke when it comes to noise factor. As much as I hate the Aggies, we need to take notes on how to make our stadium

a difficult place for visiting teams to play.