Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Sign in to follow this  
Donald Boyles

LMU Vs. Texas Game 1 Cancelled

Guess they could have but don't they have Texas State on Tuesday? If nothing else our pitchers need to get out there and get some action! The drainage at the Disch is pretty good from what I have seen.

Honestly folks, the way we have been playing it might be a blessing that the rain keeps coming.

Nahhh. It is a young team but it IS Texas baseball which in itself means quality. Our guys will get cranking as the season moves forward.

Nahhh. It is a young team but it IS Texas baseball which in itself means quality. Our guys will get cranking as the season moves forward.

This, indeed. If this very young team needs a lot of anything right now, it is innings on the field. It's a shame that this weather had to roll around and crop 27 innings down to 16. (The DH tomorrow will be a 7- and 9-inning affair)

This, indeed. If this very young team needs a lot of anything right now, it is innings on the field. It's a shame that this weather had to roll around and crop 27 innings down to 16. (The DH tomorrow will be a 7- and 9-inning affair)

Wow. I had no idea they would cap Game 1 at 7 innings. Is that a standard rule that pertains to weather and series games?

Wow. I had no idea they would cap Game 1 at 7 innings. Is that a standard rule that pertains to weather and series games?

That's their standard practice for double headers - a shortened, seven-inning game and a nine-inning game. When the first game is tied after seven, they flip it and make the first game nine innings and the second seven.

Thanks for the clarification! How are the guys looking today?

Game one was not pretty. Thornhill looked great and did his part, but the bats were abysmal. 1-0 to Loyola Marymount isn't acceptable. Their team ERA was 5.88 coming into Austin. Game two is looking a little better so far - Maitland had a two-run triple down the right field line and it's 2-0 Texas right now.

Game one was not pretty. Thornhill looked great and did his part, but the bats were abysmal. 1-0 to Loyola Marymount isn't acceptable. Their team ERA was 5.88 coming into Austin. Game two is looking a little better so far - Maitland had a two-run triple down the right field line and it's 2-0 Texas right now.

I hear you. We split the series wth the Lions which is ridiculous. Not scoring ANY runs in Game 1 is inexcuseable! If Texas State beats us on Tuesday we are in trouble!

I hear you. We split the series wth the Lions which is ridiculous. Not scoring ANY runs in Game 1 is inexcuseable! If Texas State beats us on Tuesday we are in trouble!

Ty Harrington has a very good team (once again) in Texas State and those guys get super pumped up about playing us at the Disch. We usually manage to piece a decent game together when we play them, but I'm not so sure this year. Since we're going up to Norman next weekend, we could really use the W, so it'll be interesting to see which Texas team shows up Tuesday evening. Not sure if we'll be starting Parker French or going Dicharry/Johnny Allstaff. We'll get the writeup up on the site some time tomorrow and possibly do a preview of Texas State since they are such a formidable midweek opponent.

The young pitchers need the in-game experienceso I take every game as a positive. We cannot be impeccable every year, especially when you lose a player like stafford. We need to beat Texas State for many reasons but primarily to get the hope back the team needs.

Here are my pictures from game 1. I am in the process of adding tags and notes. So, If this is your 1st time browsing my pictures check often as I am editing the pictures.

This is probably my best from the 1st game;

[ATTACH=CONFIG]70[/ATTACH]

These pictures are amazing. You have chronicled them nicely too. I browsed and checked out the football ones as well. Like previous posters have said, makes you want to buy a good camera and try it out yourself! Excellent work. Do you have a website or do you keep everything on Picassa? Guess it would be challenging to fit all those photos on a web server.

I lied. It's up now on the baseball news section. Gotta get pumped up for Tuesday!!

Excellent work on the recap and the photos from djbfootball are amazing as always. Jacquez threw a nice game and our pitchers consistently are not giving up many runs to opponents. If we can muster more than one or two runs per game I like our chances no matter who we play against. Let's get Texas State!

These pictures are amazing. You have chronicled them nicely too. I browsed and checked out the football ones as well. Like previous posters have said, makes you want to buy a good camera and try it out yourself! Excellent work. Do you have a website or do you keep everything on Picassa? Guess it would be challenging to fit all those photos on a web server.

I appreciate the kind words.

I really like what Picasa have to offer. I have tried them all, Flikr, Webshots, Photobucket, too many to name.

When I first started, I just had a point a shot digital camera, then I noticed that I was really enjoying. I saved up and bought a Nikon D5000, that I really enjoy.