Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Would you root for Johnny?

The draft is this Thursday. Soon all of our questions will be answered and we can spend the summer debating Houston's decision at #1 Overall and what Jerry Jones was thinking. But before that time comes, there is a lot of conversation revolved around the two picks and the potential that Manziel could land with either team. So I'm interested, if Manziel lands with your team (Texans or Cowboys), could you/would you root for him?

Cowboys fan here.

If the Cowboys waste their pick/trade up for Johnny Manziel, I won't be surprised, but it would be one of the dumbest mistakes Jerry's ever made.  I'm not saying that Manziel won't be a decent pro QB, but the need isn't there for the Cowboys to pick a QB that early in the draft.

But to answer your question: No, I won't cheer for Manziel.  I didn't cheer for McGee when he came in and I won't cheer for Manziel if he takes a snap at QB.

I won't root for Johnny if he is drafted by the Cowboys because QB is not what we need. We have Romo and we need defense. If we were to find some team dumb enough to trade Romo too and then took Johnny then I would have to root for him. I would rather the Cowboys not draft him

As a Texans fan I'll want him to do well cause I cant stand the thought of another season like last year. 

But the realist in me knows it will just be a matter of time till we will be drafting his replacement at the top of the draft again.

I am a fan of football, I love the game, I played the game..once Johnny is drafted and is playing for a pro team I wish him all the best. Not sure I believe he is going to be good, but if he is, good on him. He was fun to watch, no reason to deny that fact (if you say different I am going to go ahead and assume it's sour grapes). If he is drafted to one of the teams I enjoys watching then yes I will root for him.. 

I don't have an NFL team. The team I used to care about, back before it hired Barry f'ing Switzer as its coach, is dead to me.

With that said, I will neither root for nor against Manziel. Frankly, I couldn't care less about the guy.

LOL, Sangre you feel the same as I do - except I go even further back.  I used to be a HUGE Cowboy fan - until the carpet bagger from Arkansas bought the team.  The 'Boys went from America's team to that sleazy egomaniac.

Hell, I go back to the days of the midget QB - Eddie LeBaron.  Most of you children on here don't even know he was before Dandy Don Meredith.

i've had season tickets to the Texans from day 1. Yes, i'm a glutton for punishment. My Texan fandom trumps my disdain for manziel so yes, i'd hope he would play well.

that being said, the thought of thousands of whooping dip****s swaying in reliant stadium would be unbearable.

Pick the worst among these 3 scenarios

(1) Texans draft him and he sucks

(2) Texans draft him, he does pretty well, but Reliant goes full-aggy with constant whooping, nose-picking, crotch-grabbing, and dry-humping.

(3) Jaguars draft him and he starts kicking our ass twice a year.

I hope he goes to the Rams -- out of the division and out of the conference where I dont care whether he's good or bad.

(2) Texans draft him, he does pretty well, but Reliant goes full-aggy with constant whooping, nose-picking, crotch-grabbing, and dry-humping.

I hope he goes to the Rams -- out of the division and out of the conference where I dont care whether he's good or bad.

since i hope to see a Houston team in the Super Bowl before i die (and the clock is ticking) #1 is the worst.

#3 would be second.

#2. if by 'pretty well' you mean AFC championship good, i guess i'd hope there's enough Texas-exes like myself and other non-ags to drown the mouth-breathers out and i'd enjoy some rare on-field success.

and yes, let him go to STL, DAL (the cowboy fan meltdown would be epic), CLE (where careers go to die) or somewhere we don't have to deal with him.

Jay Glazer says Browns will not take JFF

“Let me just stop you right there, ok? ESPN has reported all night that the Cleveland Browns are taking Johnny Manziel, and I am here to tell you they are not,†Glazer said. “NFL Network — I know they had come out and said well Jimmy Haslam has told everybody in the room that he wants it to happen — that is not happening. In fact, it’s the other way. Jimmy Haslam has walked into the Brown’s draft room and said, ‘Hey guys, this is not what I do for a living, it’s what you do for a living. Whatever you do, I trust.’ There has not been some edict I guess. I have no idea where that came from, but that’s not happening.â€

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/06/report-browns-wont-draft-johnny-manziel-with-fourth-pick/

Will be interesting to see where he lands

Having grown up in Houston as a die-hard Oilers fan during the "Luv Ya Blue" era, I'd have to say 2.

I'd love to see JAX draft him. The incessant aggy whining and second-guessing would be hilarious!  

should the houston texans pull down the lever, and bring forth johnny manziel to houston..  then of course i shall root for good ole johnny.  i am, and have always been, a fan of the houston texans..  not just the quarterback!  not one man maketh a team.  GO TEXANS!