Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just want to ease your minds a bit...

joeywa

This was not me!  I know you may have been concerned if you saw this story in Portland.

I only do my naked pushups in the park on the grass; prevents unneccessary gravel scraping.  :P

Man doing naked pushups on Columbia Blvd. hit and killed by passing car

By KATU.com Staff Published: May 4, 2014 at 10:40 AM PDT Last Updated: May 4, 2014 at 11:52 AM PDT

140504-Pushups-2.jpg

PORTLAND, Ore. – A man died while doing pushups naked on N. Columbia Blvd. early Sunday morning,

police said.

The man’s name has not been released.

Police got a call at 4:04 a.m. that a naked man was running through traffic near Columbia and Portsmouth Ave.

While they were on their way, they got a call he was doing pushups in traffic.

Then, they got a third call that he’d been hit by a car.

When they got to the scene, the man was dead.

Police said the driver who hit the man was cooperative, and hadn’t been drinking.

Columbia was closed for several hours during the investigation.

An autopsy and toxicology report will be conducted.

Story Here

This was not me! I know you may have been concerned if you saw this story in Portland.

I only do my naked pushups in the park on the grass; prevents unneccessary gravel scraping. :P

Man doing naked pushups on Columbia Blvd. hit and killed by passing car

By KATU.com Staff Published: May 4, 2014 at 10:40 AM PDT Last Updated: May 4, 2014 at 11:52 AM PDT

140504-Pushups-2.jpg

PORTLAND, Ore. – A man died while doing pushups naked on N. Columbia Blvd. early Sunday morning,

police said.

The man’s name has not been released.

Police got a call at 4:04 a.m. that a naked man was running through traffic near Columbia and Portsmouth Ave.

While they were on their way, they got a call he was doing pushups in traffic.

Then, they got a third call that he’d been hit by a car.

When they got to the scene, the man was dead.

Police said the driver who hit the man was cooperative, and hadn’t been drinking.

Columbia was closed for several hours during the investigation.

An autopsy and toxicology report will be conducted.

Story Here

Good to know you are neither dead nor naked, especially the naked part!

In related news, a Brazillian soccer fan was struck and killed by a toilet thrown by another fan who was not happy with the result of a match. Neither was naked as far as I know.

Those brazilians really should get their commodes anchored to the floor prior to the World Cup this summer. Don't want any copycat crimes during game action.

In related news, a Brazillian soccer fan was struck and killed by a toilet thrown by another fan who was not happy with the result of a match.  Neither was naked as far as I know.

so someone was pissed about a game, went out of the stands and got a toilet, brought it back in, 'threw it' (how far can you throw a toilet?) and killed someone? i'm gonna need more info on this one.

so someone was pissed about a game, went out of the stands and got a toilet, brought it back in, 'threw it' (how far can you throw a toilet?) and killed someone? i'm gonna need more info on this one.

Here's the story:

brazil-soccer-violence.jpg

Soccer riots in Brazil claimed the life of a man who was killed by a toilet bowl thrown from the stands at Arruda Stadium, the latest scene of fan violence that has plagued the country in the lead-up to next month's World Cup.

Globoesporte of Brazil reported that rioters ripped three tiolets from the stadium bathroom and tossed them from the stands during Friday night's 1-1 draw between Santa Cruz and Parana. One of the toilets struck a fan identified as 26-year-old Paulo Ricardo Gomes da Silva, killing him instantly.

"The toilet was thrown from the stands and hit him full on," police captain Wilson Queiroz told Globesporte.

"The victim was with someone at the time but everyone fled the scene after the incident."

Soccer and violence are an all-too-common mix in Brazil, which is just weeks away from hosting the World Cup amid growing security fears.

An amateur game in the state of Maranhao turned into a grisly murder scene in July when a referee was stoned to death and decapitated by fans after he fatally stabbed a player.

Months later, disturbing images from a soccer riot between Atletico Paranaense and Vasco da Gama fans - requiring police to air-lift a critically injured fan to a nearby hospital - prompted an official response from FIFA, with soccer's governing body guaranteeing "a very comprehensive security concept" would be in place for the tournament that begins on June 12.

During last year's Confederations Cup, considered a dress rehearsal for the World Cup, hundreds of thousands of Brazilians took to the streets to protest against government corruption. Many of the marches turned violent and were blamed for at least ten deaths.

Here's the story:

brazil-soccer-violence.jpg

Soccer riots in Brazil claimed the life of a man who was killed by a toilet bowl thrown from the stands at Arruda Stadium, the latest scene of fan violence that has plagued the country in the lead-up to next month's World Cup.

Globoesporte of Brazil reported that rioters ripped three tiolets from the stadium bathroom and tossed them from the stands during Friday night's 1-1 draw between Santa Cruz and Parana. One of the toilets struck a fan identified as 26-year-old Paulo Ricardo Gomes da Silva, killing him instantly.

"The toilet was thrown from the stands and hit him full on," police captain Wilson Queiroz told Globesporte.

"The victim was with someone at the time but everyone fled the scene after the incident."

Soccer and violence are an all-too-common mix in Brazil, which is just weeks away from hosting the World Cup amid growing security fears.

An amateur game in the state of Maranhao turned into a grisly murder scene in July when a referee was stoned to death and decapitated by fans after he fatally stabbed a player.

Months later, disturbing images from a soccer riot between Atletico Paranaense and Vasco da Gama fans - requiring police to air-lift a critically injured fan to a nearby hospital - prompted an official response from FIFA, with soccer's governing body guaranteeing "a very comprehensive security concept" would be in place for the tournament that begins on June 12.

During last year's Confederations Cup, considered a dress rehearsal for the World Cup, hundreds of thousands of Brazilians took to the streets to protest against government corruption. Many of the marches turned violent and were blamed for at least ten deaths.

Now that was a shitty thing to do.

Holy crap. Pun intended.

It wasnt even a loss dude was mad about. It was a tie.

We need to keep this in mind when Slim is at Disch.  He may just get pissed enough about bunting, low scores, far fences, etc., that he may chunk a toilet at someone. 

Not saying it will happen, but I'm saying be aware and cautious.  ;)