Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

******Myles Turner Commitment Thread (Turner Commits To Texas)******

and not one post thanking me for cementing the deal with my anti jinx thread.  not one.

ingrates     :angry:

Armadillo, if you will go back and check the posts, I done acknowledged what I saw you did there ... it takes a Longhorn village ... consider it a pre thanks!  ;)

now all we need is for kevin durant, DJ and marcus aldridge to head back to austin and start up a summer fall hoops pickup league

They already kind of do that when they come back for school every summer and work out with the guys at the practice facility ... an off campus, open to the public, pick up league bringing in other pros would be a great idea.

mylesturner43014.jpg

Looks like he is bringing his hoop with him as well as his ball!  ;)

2qk1ds5.jpg

... and his goofy hat, and his bow tie, and his goofy grin, too!   And, I mean that in the best possible way!  ;)

I love the bucket hat. How long till those start showing up on campus on a regular basis. It might just have to be my new golf hat. #hookem

Okay, I do not live over there anymore, but there is a good post commitment article over at 247 Horns by Jeff Howe entitled,  "Turner is the perfect piece for Barnes, Texas".

A good quote, "It's not fair to call Turner the missing piece, but between his skill fit, the way he fits from a chemistry standpoint and the recruiting momentum he now gives the Longhorns in the Metroplex, he's really the perfect fit for this program."

A better quote from the peanut gallery by sundance2,  "I bet we could set a Texax record for blocked shots next year. This team will have some serious length. I think the development of Croaker and Ward could have a huge impact on this team which needs more perimiter scorers to loosen up the defense down low. Oh, and 'Props to Rick Barnes for turning his team around in a big way.' I take it losing seasons don't sit to well with him."   Well said. ;)

http://texas.247sports.com/Article/Myles-Turners-decision-to-pick-Texas-is-a-perfect-fit-for-UT-28417900

"I bet we could set a Texax record for blocked shots next year. This team will have some serious length. I think the development of Croaker and Ward could have a huge impact on this team which needs more perimiter scorers to loosen up the defense down low. 

I was thinking about this too - imagine a rotation of Ibeh (6'10), Turner (7'0), Holmes (6'8), Barnett (6'7) and Taylor (6'1) [or Yancy (6'3)]

Might be tough to get a clean shot up on.

I was thinking about this too - imagine a rotation of Ibeh (6'10), Turner (7'0), Holmes (6'8), Barnett (6'7) and Taylor (6'1) [or Yancy (6'3)]

Might be tough to get a clean shot up on.

Man!  We got tall line ups, we got tall reject your shots all day line ups, we got tall run your ass out of the gym and block your shots all day line ups, we got short run your ass out of the gym all day long line ups, we gonna be trying to develop some tall and not so tall line ups that can shoot your ass out of the gym all day long line ups ... at least we are working on those last two ... Ima gonna give you the choice, which one you wanna play against?  ;)

Please excuse my untoward enthusiasm.

• 4 weeks later...