Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

Sign in to follow this  
bbdude

Big Welcome to TexasBaseballBlog on Bevoball.com

Thank you for the welcome, Dude. We are very excited to be working with BevoBall.com to provide content about our beloved Texas baseball team. Our Loyola Marymount preview is already up on the baseball section of this site, although we might as well have just posted doppler radar because it doesn't look like there's much hope for baseball tonight. Ideally, we will get at least one game, and we will be providing scorebooks and a weekend recap.

Also, follow us on Twitter: @TXBaseballBlog

Thanks again and Hook 'Em!

Edited by TexasBaseballBlog

Hopefully the rain holds out so we can get today's game in. We need to get back in the win column so we can begin climbing the ladder back to .500. Welcome again!

Yep, this young team needs as many innings as it can get, especially when we've got a tough Texas State team coming to town on Tuesday.

A little trivia about Loyola Marymount: Easy Company legend Buck Compton attended law school there, and went on to help prosecute Sirhan Sirhan for the assassination of Robert Kennedy.

Thank you for the welcome, Dude. We are very excited to be working with BevoBall.com to provide content about our beloved Texas baseball team. Our Loyola Marymount preview is already up on the baseball section of this site, although we might as well have just posted doppler radar because it doesn't look like there's much hope for baseball tonight. Ideally, we will get at least one game, and we will be providing scorebooks and a weekend recap.

Also, follow us on Twitter: @TXBaseballBlog

Thanks again and Hook 'Em!

All I care about is you telling me that this baseball program is going to be okay. If you can tell me that, it's a start.

Didn't he pass away recently? Thanks 4 the trvia snippet! Let's go beat the Lions!

Yes, he did and although it's sad to see him go he lived a full life several times over.

All I care about is you telling me that this baseball program is going to be okay. If you can tell me that, it's a start.

The team is young and lost a couple of key leaders in Sam Stafford and Cohl Walla to injury before the season even started, so these guys are learning how to play with each other and the pitching staff is learning how to pitch in front of a defense that doesn't have very many innings under its belt. Couple that with losing the entire front end pitching rotation and a couple of key elements on the back end, and it's easy to see why there have been so many errors committed and a drop off in pitching. With that said, the struggles at the plate are getting tiresome and TexasBaseballBlog would like to see a hitting coach come in as soon as possible. Who knows if that will ever happen, though.

With the recruits (more on that later) we could have coming in next year, and with the current team getting important innings, we think Texas could be in good shape in the next couple of years.

Texas Baseball's official Twitter has just sent out word that tonight's game has been postponed and a double header may be attempted Sunday. The 7 pm game for tomorrow should go on as planned, but we'll keep you posted.

Texas Baseball's official Twitter has just sent out word that tonight's game has been postponed and a double header may be attempted Sunday. The 7 pm game should go on as planned, but we'll keep you posted.

Thanks for the head's-up. The rest of the weekend might be challenging also - Thunderstorms predicted all weekend. Hopefully the guys can squeeze in one or two.

We need good Longhorn baseball coverage. So many sites focus only on football and then basketball they forget about Augie and the guys. Welcome and I look forward to visiting your site frequently!

The Lions are 4-7 on the year and took two of three from UC Santa Barbara and UNLV. UC Santa Barbara are usually a pretty good club coming out of the WCC, but they appear to be struggling this year (lot of that going around). They've got a couple of freshmen pitchers on their front end rotation that could end up being really, really good so Texas will have to play solid ball to get a series win. If we can get these games in, it will be good practice for the rest of the year.

What is LM's record thus far and have they played anybody worth a darn this year?

Texasbaseballblog brought me over here-along with them you will get my pictures!

LMU is currently 4-7 on the season- 1-2 against UNLV, 0-4 against Cal-Poly, 0-1 with Cal-State Fullerton, and 2-1 with UC-Santa Barbara.

They are currently batting .230 with a Team ERA of 5.88

Texasbaseballblog brought me over here-along with them you will get my pictures!

LMU is currently 4-7 on the season- 1-2 against UNLV, 0-4 against Cal-Poly, 0-1 with Cal-State Fullerton, and 2-1 with UC-Santa Barbara.

They are currently batting .230 with a Team ERA of 5.88

Great to have good baseball minds on the boards - djbfootball and TexasBaseballBlog!!!!!!!! Thanks so much for the photos also! The boards are growing and thanks a million for joining us! The pics on TexasBaseballBlog's website are incredible and we look forward to more greatness! Let me know if there is anything we can do to return the favor! Hook'em.

Great to have good baseball minds on the boards - djbfootball and TexasBaseballBlog!!!!!!!! Thanks so much for the photos also! The boards are growing and thanks a million for joining us! The pics on TexasBaseballBlog's website are incredible and we look forward to more greatness! Let me know if there is anything we can do to return the favor! Hook'em.

Here are my pictures from the Dallas Baptist Game;

https://picasaweb.google.com/115944025562323588376/DallasBaptistVsTexas02

Just to give you a sample!

It really would not be a very good blog without these great pictures.

Amen to that. It is so tough to find good pictures to go with blog posts. Unless you have editorial privileges you are at the mercy of others. All my pictures seem to be blurry! Still trying to figure out if I need a better lens or what!