Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

IMO, the whole dust up over the tennis center is much ado about nothing (thanks Chip). It's as big a scheduling FUBAR as anything else. The BMDs, at least the ones that care about tennis, just finished out a brand new $9MM indoor tennis facility. The fund raising for that started before the finalization of the medical school and the need to move the outdoor facility. Ideally, they would have combined the 2 projects in to one and raised the money together.

Patterson probably looked at the situation and realized it's really no big deal whether the tennis team plays on the newly refurbished courts at 51st & Guadalupe for 1 yr. or 2. Does it really matter? There are other things on his plate with more urgency. By the by, the new outdoor tennis facility will be at 51st & Guadalupe.

To elaborate a bit more on my expansion comments.  In order for the networks to even consider restructuring the Big 12 contract they have to see what's in it for them.  Adding two teams simply means more exposure revenues, but, more importantly, the CCG will add that many more advertising dollars as well.  This will be a BIG consideration for a restructure.

• Administrators

IMO, the whole dust up over the tennis center is much ado about nothing (thanks Chip). It's as big a scheduling FUBAR as anything else. The BMDs, at least the ones that care about tennis, just finished out a brand new $9MM indoor tennis facility. The fund raising for that started before the finalization of the medical school and the need to move the outdoor facility. Ideally, they would have combined the 2 projects in to one and raised the money together.

You mean to tell me that people out there like to manufacture drama?!?! Shocked. Shocked, I tell ya'!

OMG darrell!  i am currently at the "dubai international airport" preparing to depart as per USA.  after reading your magnificent and yet shocking "crossfire"...  i don't think that i shall sleep a wink the whole (18hr) flight.  i am freaking shocked!

Great info Darrell. Looks like the plot is getting thicker by the day. Sounds like Patterson needs to do some sucking up to some BMDs...I'll,be holding on line 1.

I don't know about the sucking up thing.  I have heard a few notable BMD's are a little miffed they aren't being treated like the royalty they think they are.  They were used to this in the old regime and Patterson is being friendly, but adamant about keeping them a little distant from him and the football program.

They are becoming accustomed to this, but they no likey.

I don't know about the sucking up thing. I have heard a few notable BMD's are a little miffed they aren't being treated like the royalty they think they are. They were used to this in the old regime and Patterson is being friendly, but adamant about keeping them a little distant from him and the football program.

They are becoming accustomed to this, but they no likey.

The entitlement apparently goes/went far above and beyond the team it appears. That needs to be fixed and it appears Patterson is working towards that. Some people just need to be put into their place whether they like it or not.

If someone is giving me millions of dollars I at least listen to what he has to say. I may or may not take his advice but at least I listen.

Hopefully Patterson is or will do that.

I do not agree or understand all the vitriol toward the BMD's. . Thank God we have them.