Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Miami players go nuts when try see new unis

Davharjac

i am a fan of the miami player's exuberance.  it seem's as though they are really enjoying the "unveiling".  university of texas football uniforms, are iconic classics.  however, a very minute form, of contemporary tweaks here and there, certainly would not hurt the "texas" iconic brand.

College athletes today aren't afraid of being labled as a 'pretty boy'. Winning will always be the number one priority. The second priority was usually winning with good technique, but it may be changing to "did you look good when you won". Personally, I love these cool new alternate jerseys, why not?

"Look feel good... feel good play good." - Deon Sanders

College athletes today aren't afraid of being labled as a 'pretty boy'. Winning will always be the number one priority. The second priority was usually winning with good technique, but it may be changing to "did you look good when you won". Personally, I love these cool new alternate jerseys, why not?

or, 'why?"

streettopeschel, I completely understand the tradition embeded in those classic uniforms, and there should be a great deal of pride wearing the numbers of past greats and upholding the spirit of those old players, but when it comes down to it if players get excited about new uniforms then get them excited!

....Also Nike and Underarmour need to make more money...

streettopeschel, I completely understand the tradition embeded in those classic uniforms, and there should be a great deal of pride wearing the numbers of past greats and upholding the spirit of those old players, but when it comes down to it if players get excited about new uniforms then get them excited!

i hate to sound like 'crotchety old guy' at least in part because that's JimR's job and he gets pissed when anybody encroaches on his lawn...i mean turf.

yeah, i guess i get the part about excitement...to a point. i also remember when UT hoops wore special all blacks against Duke a few years back and everyone was excited. and we got absolutely housed. 

i like when we go throwback, but the neon baylor look just isn't for me. 

Everybody gets an opinion. I would hate to see our players in uniforms as ugly as those.

I believe this sort of senitiment is the antithesis of what we need.

Everyone excited about tough, no nonsense, smash mouth approach of Strong. 

If players need World Football League uniforms to get excited, something is terribly wrong.

Players love new unis! They make them feel sharp and cool. But, unis can't change the way a team plays; gotta do the work first. Seems like the Strong coaching staff understands this very well. I don't expect new unis for Texas until Strong thinks they've earned a little fun and even then, it'll probably be a smallish change. Frankly, I'd like to see the numbers taken off of the helmets and just have the Longhorn...much cleaner look.