Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I hope Deloss writes a book setting the record straight on the things that happened while he was AD at Texas. The assumption by too many people that each college program is as corrupt as the next needs to be addressed by someone who was on the inside and no longer has anything to lose by telling the back stories on what we know about the history of the SWC and the Big 12.

If our bag-men are any good, DeLoss would be the last guy to know about improper benefits.  I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for him to write a page-turning memoir either.  

I don't believe that UT "is as corrupt as the next", particularly not as dirty as most $EC schools.  To think none of our players get fringe benefits is naive, though.  Just my opinion.  

If our bag-men are any good, DeLoss would be the last guy to know about improper benefits.  I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for him to write a page-turning memoir either.  

I don't believe that UT "is as corrupt as the next", particularly not as dirty as most $EC schools.  To think none of our players get fringe benefits is naive, though.  Just my opinion.  

One of the problems being Texas is our program has such a large target on its back. There are a lot of people who would LOVE to be able to have evidence of wrongdoing by one of the UT athletes. I think a lot less of the corrupt stuff goes on than people would expect for that very reason. 

What I would love to hear from Deloss is his comments on how aggy managed to avoid the death penalty in the early 90s, comments regarding Nebraska and aggy's input during the forming of the Big 12, various attempts to get Texas to the PAC, SEC, etc, what really was discussed between himself and Bill Byrne regarding what became LHN and his comments about when aggy left for the SEC. There are so many stories floating around about those subjects and in each and every instance, Texas has allowed itself to be painted in a less than favorable light. I would love to have Deloss give a first person view of what he remembers about those subjects. 

One of the problems being Texas is our program has such a large target on its back. There are a lot of people who would LOVE to be able to have evidence of wrongdoing by one of the UT athletes. I think a lot less of the corrupt stuff goes on than people would expect for that very reason. 

What I would love to hear from Deloss is his comments on how aggy managed to avoid the death penalty in the early 90s, comments regarding Nebraska and aggy's input during the forming of the Big 12, various attempts to get Texas to the PAC, SEC, etc, what really was discussed between himself and Bill Byrne regarding what became LHN and his comments about when aggy left for the SEC. There are so many stories floating around about those subjects and in each and every instance, Texas has allowed itself to be painted in a less than favorable light. I would love to have Deloss give a first person view of what he remembers about those subjects. 

I would love for DeLoss to write a memoir about the topics that you've outlined above!

That would make for a scintillating read.  Do you know of any plans for this to happen?  Does DeLoss have a book deal lined up?  He just doesn't seem like the kinda guy who would spill his guts.  

Look fellows, I don't claim to be an insider, and I'm not. Not anymore. However, at one time I knew a number of people who were insiders-players, coaches, and donors. Everyone in our neighborhood is gunning for UT, everyone. When the Southwest Conference was imploding, and the rats were turning, they tried to implicate UT. They did their worst.

The best they could come up with was ticket money. That's what the guys called it anyway-their ticket money. If you aren't familiar with the story, the school would give the players a specified number of tickets for each game for family, girlfriends, whoever. The players would only retain a few and have a local gentleman (think name revealed by NCAA) sell the balance. Thus, ticket money.

Anyway, that's why UT served 2 years probation way back when, and that is why we now have a strict will call policy for complementary tickets. Put your rose-colored glasses back on. If we sneeze, we will be reported.

I would love for DeLoss to write a memoir about the topics that you've outlined above!

That would make for a scintillating read. Do you know of any plans for this to happen? Does DeLoss have a book deal lined up? He just doesn't seem like the kinda guy who would spill his guts.

I haven't heard of any such book in the works and I agree he seems like the kind of guy who prefers to remain quiet, but we all knows how much he loves to torch certain people who get caught in his gunsights. His "we are the Joneses" line still has Bill Byrne's blood pressure 20 points higher than it was.

I have no doubt if he set the record straight on Nebraska and aggy, I have no doubt it would be widely talked about. One of the few things gs Delos's did that royally p!ssed me off to was allowing crap assed stories by Neb and aggy go unchallenged.

I haven't heard of any such book in the works and I agree he seems like the kind of guy who prefers to remain quiet, but we all knows how much he loves to torch certain people who get caught in his gunsights. His "we are the Joneses" line still has Bill Byrne's blood pressure 20 points higher than it was.

I have no doubt if he set the record straight on Nebraska and aggy, I have no doubt it would be widely talked about. One of the few things gs Delos's did that royally p!ssed me off to was allowing crap assed stories by Neb and aggy go unchallenged.

I agree.

The lamestream media can't wait to get their hands on a "greedy capitalists" story.  I get a perverse pleasure out of reminding aggy and cornholers that UT didn't break any Big 12 rules by launching LHN.  Start your own damn network.

Maybe DeLoss will step up and write his story.  I'd recommend CFB and SWC historian, Dan Jenkins, as his ghost writer but he likes aggy too much.  Old-timer remembers when the farmers were really army.

• 6 months later...