Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Value vs. Perceived Value

Okay, I've tried to post a reply 3 times in the Site Announcement thread and for some reason I can't.

MBHornsFan post #55 in that thread gets it. It's about value for the money and not about how much it costs. Or how little it costs according to Darrell (only 16 cents a day). It's all about the perceived value for any of us. For me I just perceive the value of paying even $4.99 a month to read the premium content to not be worth it at this time. Yet, I'm willing to pay $375 per night for a hotel room in Augusta this week for the wife and I to go to the Master's because of the perceived value. So it's obviously not a case of whether or not I can afford $4.99 a month.

Okay, I've tried to post a reply 3 times in the Site Announcement thread and for some reason I can't.

MBHornsFan post #55 in that thread gets it. It's about value for the money and not about how much it costs. Or how little it costs according to Darrell (only 16 cents a day). It's all about the perceived value for any of us. For me I just perceive the value of paying even $4.99 a month to read the premium content to not be worth it at this time. Yet, I'm willing to pay $375 per night for a hotel room in Augusta this week for the wife and I to go to the Master's because of the perceived value. So it's obviously not a case of whether or not I can afford $4.99 a month.

I don't think anybody is calling you poor. Rather questioning what you're purchasing for $5 a month that is of more value than what you're receiving at Horn Sports. That's their mindset, not my own. Your decision not to be a Premium Member is totally fine and I'd be shocked if anyone in this community gave you grief over that. With that said, all of these threads by "disappointed members" really do need to come to a halt. The staff here has been managing this website out of their pocket for years. And they're going to continue to do so as our Monthly Subscriptions will only pay a part of the funding necessary to keep a site of this quality afloat. I also feel as if the changes made by the staff, as noted by Matt Cotcher, provide an excellent example of how incredible the staff and community is. Those changes were made in a matter of days. Most boards wouldn't have a change like that finished for a few months. I'll be sad to see any posters go but at this point, I personally feel they're losing out by leaving.

why not just leave? why the histrionics? nobody has a gun to your head.

Maybe wants to stay? Maybe he hates change? Maybe he doesn't see the perceived value, yet.

Some of the other Burnt Orange fan sites have set a high bar for value. IF OB is worth 9.95 is HS worth 4.99.

Seems like that is a debateble point. I hope they can meet their aspirations for this board.

You can never have too much Longhorn coverage, IMO.

Hook 'em.