Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

UPDATE: PREMIUM ACCESS MODIFICATIONS/POST VISIBILITY

• Administrators

Our new Premium access permissions are now in place.  Thanks to all of our members and the great feedback we received, we feel we have developed a solution to allow post visibility to non-premium members while still providing value to our Premium members.

Here's how it works:

Premium permissions will be set at the thread level as opposed to the post level.  Essentially, when Horn Sports staff designates a thread as Premium, only Premium Members will be able to view that particular thread.  Only Horn Sports Staff will be able to designate a thread as Premium.

All other threads started by Premium or non-premium members will be visible to all.

As far as content articles are concerned, Horn Sports staff will continue to publish both premium and non-premium articles on the main site.  Premium articles will be made available only to Premium members and non-premium articles will be made available to all.

Thanks for being patient with us while we worked out the kinks in our new platform and access levels.  We look forward to keeping you guys up-to-date with all things Texas as we head into an exciting time on the 40 Acres.

If you guys have any questions or need clarification on anything please let us know.

#HOOKEM

• Administrators

Now I'm kinda miffed to have paid my $5.

But, I'm willing to give HornSports a chance to keep earning it with good Premium articles and threads. 

Both of the new features, The Ticker and the Aggregate Recruiting Ranking, will be premium features, That's in addition to the dedicated content and threads.

Thanks for upgrading. We'll make it worth your $5!

Both of the new features, The Ticker and the Aggregate Recruiting Ranking, will be premium features, That's in addition to the dedicated content and threads.

Thanks for upgrading. We'll make it worth your $5!

That's great and all but what we really need is a Premium member handshake. That way we know who we are talking to when we meet each other  :P

Thank, guys. I appreciate the encouragement I received from a few of you for the few days when everything was marked in green. I have treasured the people that I already feel that I know from the interaction on Hornsports. I would gladly buy the premium membership; however, I have been blindsided by several unexpected large, unexpected expenses this week, in addition to dear Uncle Sam.

Yesterday my MacBook Pro went down. Cannot believe that one. Hoping for good news when I take it in. In any event, hoping things will soon be back to normal. Thanks for the opportunity to stay in touch with all of the absolutely wonderful people in this community. There is a very real treasure here.

I appreciate you, one and all.

It is always a pain to transition, that is not even a question. The team has handled it well and kept their composure.

Having ran many sites and own several servers, I understand just howmuch it can cost to keep a site like this going. So $5 a month is worthwhile for something you like and want to support. At the same time there are many great fans that cannot justify the expense for themselves and HS has not left those guys out in the cold. There will still be great conversation and content available to them.

I am happy to be here and hope that you guys realize how much work the entre HS team put into this site.

Once again, Guys, you have done a great job on the changeover for the website.

I have one minor suggestion.  While viewing the lists of threads in any forum on a desktop monitor, when I look at a particular thread and I reflexively scan to the right of the monitor to check the status of the thread and who posted last on that thread, it is common that I lose the line and misread the information on the right.  I am expecting to have cataract surgery on both eyes in the near future and I am sure that will help, but the fact that the background for all of the threads is a uniform shade doesn't help any for sure.  Would it be possible to differentiate the thread lines, perhaps, by alternating bands of differing shades of gray?  Or, perhaps by doing something like on the Latest from the Burnt Orange Board  scrolling panel on the home page?   Or, even just a simple light line separating each thread line space?  I know that by scrolling up and down on the thread page, the page number boxes on the left darkens and a small pale icon on the right appears on the line that the cursor is on, but that seems a bit obscure to me, and nothing is highlighted on the left side if all of the posts are on only one page so that there are no page boxes under and to the right of the thread title.  This is not a big issue really, but I have been a designer by profession and I constantly look at everything I use with any regularity with a critical eye on how to make it more user friendly.  Again, kudos on the great job with the website.

Bud,

Let me talk to Aaron and see what we can do?

Thank you.  You are all good folks, Darrell.  Just want to make this a good place for everybody, even those of us who are temporarily shortsighted.  Looking at the site layout, it is understandable how everything is laid out.  People who do not have vision problems just do not see what they have not experienced.  I have developed cataracts because I have to take steroids because I have rheumatoid arthritis.  Over the past few years I have  been extremely frustrated by format changes in periodicals that I like to read.  I like to read in bed and I am amazed that magazine layout designers do not understand that a pale yellow font set in a mid tone gray background is difficult to read.  More contrast is always better.

Bud,

Let me talk to Aaron and see what we can do?

Clap! ... Clap! ... Clap! ... Clap!  Muchas Gracias, Guys!  Mission accomplished!  Thanks for listening.  The change makes it so much easier to match up the topic info on the right with the topic on the left, especially on a large monitor.  ;)