Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Baseball....and apologies

joeywa

Apologies for my absence this week regarding baseball games/threads.

I was at a conference in Palm Springs, CA, and it kept me pretty busy; so much so that I have not been able to "Go Premium" until just now.

Regarding last night's performance, another testament to the very different character and never-give-up attitude out of this year's bunch that's been missing for a couple of seasons.  Payton; what can I say?  Dude goes down 3-2 with 2 outs; bases loaded; down two, and goes into full count after an absolutely awful call for the second strike.  Takes a pitch that was away down the 3B line for the walkoff 3RBI double.  That kid has stones the size of watermelons. 

Last night's heroics in B9 should accomplish a couple of things; A) we should see the fans stick around until the end if the game is relatively close, and B) Texas carries the momentum and attitude into this game, where as had they lost last night it may have been a bit more pressure/tense atmosphere. 

Hook Em!

I thought you quit us. Glad to have you back.

Hope you enjoyed the week long "conference" on the Palm Springs golf courses and beaches.

Well, there are no "beaches" in Palm Springs, as it's in the desert.  So no beaches.  There were, however, several golf courses that needed testing and customers that needed entertaining.  :D

joeywa

While you were gone I made a deal with slim and any others who care to send me five dollars a month not to post on our game threads since the baseball gods seem to have me on double secret probation.

I'm sure you want to kick in as well so I will send you a private message with my account information.

joeywa

While you were gone I made a deal with slim and any others who care to send me five dollars a month not to post on our game threads since the baseball gods seem to have me on double secret probation.

I'm sure you want to kick in as well so I will send you a private message with my account information.

This oddly sounds like an idea concocted by Slim, MikeMc and ReverentHorn.  :rolleyes:

I thought you quit us. Glad to have you back.

Hope you enjoyed the week long "conference" on the Palm Springs golf courses and beaches.

he did quit us.  i had to text him and then call his golfing ass and tell him to get on LHN pronto, which he finally did about ten seconds before Payton's walkoff.  now we get a lecture about how great it was.  sheesh.

he did quit us.  i had to text him and then call his golfing ass and tell him to get on LHN pronto, which he finally did about ten seconds before Payton's walkoff.  now we get a lecture about how great it was.  sheesh.

Slim was whining and hollering about the game; I just sauntered into my hotel room, turned on LHN and caught the bottom of the 9th, and boom, victory.  Coincidence? 

This is an official protest. We cannot get LHN in half of Texas and you walk in your HOTEL room and turn it on??? WTF???

Yep; turned on my iPad and watched it right there.  I was in California.  Online access is da bomb!!