Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Any Soccer Fans On Here?

I do, however sparingly. It's just not that easy to catch the overseas games over here. Obviously, I enjoy the World Cup as any semi-soccer fan would. But outside of rooting for the US in the World Cup, I don't watch any US Soccer. I pay more attention to the Premier League. And I typically find myself rooting for West Ham United, despite their being fairly average.

I got hooked on soccer when the World Cup was in DC, back when I worked there.

Various bars around town hosted watch parties for various clubs.  I fell into several of them, and had a blast.

I also got interviewed by Saudi TV while I was jogging down the Mall, about growth of soccer in US and whether it could replace other pro sports in popularity.  Later, a friend of mine who got German TV via satellite said he saw the interview, translated English to Arabic to German.  LOL.

I get pretty geeked out still over the US teams (the women have had some classic even epic matches over past several WCs and Olympics).

I think this is our best mens WC team ever, however, we drew a rotten group.  We might not even win a match this time, which will suck.

I follow the English Premier league most often.  Its like the NFL of soccer, and can easily be found on cable Sat/Sun, some week day matches etc.  Been a liverpool fan for about a decade, and really enjoying them finally being back to kicking ass with how they have played this season.

Love the World Cup, and try to keep up with the Champions League which is basically a tournament that goes on at different times during the year with teams who have qualified from the various major leagues out there

US vs Mexico on ESPN tonight at 10:15. Last look for a few US players to make the final roster cut for the cup. All players for this game are domestic club players (MLS or Mexican league), thus a lot of better players are in Europe with their club teams. One newbie is Green, an 18 yr old American/German lineage player who just sided with us to play for our country. Possibly a big pick up due to him moving up the Bayern Munich junior roster towards the parent club roster. Bayern won the champions league championship for best euro squad last season.

Didn't they use something like those on the NFL Europe uniforms?

They definitely had more liberties with the NFL Europe Uniforms. Oversized logos and etc. But for the most part, it was still pretty similar to the NFL sets.

I was gonna say, maybe you can attempt a UT soccer uniform with a cool badge!

I can definitely give it a look. I think I have a template somewhere to get me started.

Like the new unis as well. Kick ass first half for team USA, not so super in the second. Good ball control and spacing first half, got run around the field in the second half. Thanks for letting me analyze the soccer game, hope others have some insight on soccer as well!

Played club soccer at UT, have played since age five......

I sat next to a guy at a dinner party in SF who played club soccer at UT and was named Mike.  He is AA.  No way that was you, is there?

Small world if so.

I sat next to a guy at a dinner party in SF who played club soccer at UT and was named Mike. He is AA. No way that was you, is there?

Small world if so.

Wasn't me, although I wished I had been out west on a vacation! I'm sure with a great name and soccer background he must have been a pretty cool guy like me, right?!

Wasn't me, although I wished I had been out west on a vacation! I'm sure with a great name and soccer background he must have been a pretty cool guy like me, right?!

Heh.

Yes, we had a great time. Once we started talking UT stuff, the other people starting getting jealous and kept trying to change the topic. I even remember that the lead dish was pumpkin soup, which looked burnt orange. We were, of course, convinced she did that just for us. It was destiny.

I'm a fan of US World Cup and I've been considering getting into watching International Soccer. I just have no clue as to the seasons and championships and who to watch/cheer for.

Anyone on here watch that stuff? If so, give me some tips to get started.

I enjoy watching EPL games on Fox Soccer.

My team is Arsenal.  Go, Gunners!

Played club soccer at UT, have played since age five. Saw all of the World Cup games in Dallas in 1994, awesome experience! Saw Spain, Brazil, holland, Germany, Argentina, Bulgaria, South Korea, Sweden, and Nigeria at the cup. Awesome international fans! Coaching two youth teams currently.

I was there for Brazil vs Netherlands.

Ole, ole, ole...Brazil, Brazil!   :D