Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Next Big Back at Texas?

Holy Moley! He is such a big boy for his age! ;)

Sign him up! It is kind of funny, in the first two plays on the video he just runs straight to the end zone, no moves, no nothing. But then again, you don't have to put many moves on folks if they cannot catch you. He does show some moves later on, including a nice hesitation step that he uses to his advantage, but he really is a very efficient runner.

247 lists him as 6'-2", 220 lb, with a 4.62 forty. Looks faster than that to me, or perhaps all of those other guys are slow. Since he is already so well filled out, gotta wonder if he might be the next running back to become a great defensive end or tackle, especially if he gets any taller.

This is what Scout has to say about him.

"Has an NFL pedigree as his father was a three time pro bowl back. Downhill runner who has exceptional feet for a player with his size. He makes nifty moves and has a nice burst which allows him to get in to the hole and advance the ball up the field quickly. Nice lateral movement to go along with a 40-yard time of 4.5. His speed could be categorized as smooth. Strong enough and big enough to run through arm tackles. LB should not be ruled out."

Edited by budreaureye

and therein lies the problem. what is he, 16 years old?

in all likelihood this kid will continue to grow. think henry melton and chris whaley. he's a man among boys right now. he may be great, but let's wait and see what his body looks like when he's a senior. i'll bet he keeps growing some.

i just cannot get excited much by sophomore highlights. there's a looooooonnnnnnngggggg way to go yet. the writeup says linebacker should not be ruled out. my bet is that is more likely than running back. or defensive end.

Edited by armadillo slim

in all likelihood this kid will continue to grow. think henry melton and chris whaley. he's a man among boys right now. he may be great, but let's wait and see what his body looks like when he's a senior. i'll bet he keeps growing some.

i just cannot get excited much by sophomore highlights. there's a looooooonnnnnnngggggg way to go yet. the writeup says linebacker should not be ruled out. my bet is that is more likely than running back. or defensive end.

preach on brother

• Administrators

When I saw 6'2", 220#, and his age, these are exactly the same thoughts I had. At any level beyond HS, that's simply too tall to be effective at RB.

His build reminds me of James Wilder Jr.

Yes, they do have similar builds. The issue is whether Chris Warren has his growth yet. Some kids are still growing when they get to college, others get their height early. So, we will just have to wait and see. I got my height by the time I was in the ninth grade. Unfortunately, I have yet to achieve my full width well into my sixties! Ba DUM Bump! ;)

Yes, they do have similar builds. The issue is whether Chris Warren has his growth yet. Some kids are still growing when they get to college, others get their height early. So, we will just have to wait and see. I got my height by the time I was in the ninth grade. Unfortunately, I have yet to achieve my full width well into my sixties! Ba dum BUMP! ;)

Lol.....I hope you never achieve your full width potential.

When I saw 6'2", 220#, and his age, these are exactly the same thoughts I had. At any level beyond HS, that's simply too tall to be effective at RB.

Adrian Peterson

That said, I'm with Slim. Let's see what he looks like this time next year. Nevertheless, he may be good enough of an athlete that you take him regardless and find his position later.

Whaley was a pretty decent DT his last two years.