Sign in to follow this  
Darrell McPhaul

Crossfire Q&A

Which linebackers are looking the best so far?

To piggyback off of ChapalaHorn's question, is Dalton Santos an answer at the linebacker position and, how has he responded to Coach Strong's way? Same question regarding Jordan Hicks.

Can Jaxon Shipley be an effective possession receiver?

How does Erik Huhn look as a Longhorn? Kid was a good player in high school.

If you had to pick a leader on both sides of the ball, who are the players that other players follow?

Has Mack Brown decided to give his endorsement of Charlie Strong to HS coaches across the state?

Saw that nugget last week…..or are he and Sally still going through UT withdrawal? :D

BTW- I'm excited about CS and staff, and all about moving forward but couldn't resist to ask.

"Physicality" seems to be the buzzword various blogs are running with this Spring practice. I want to feel good but I've been disappointed by similar claims the last three Spring practices under Mack. I haven[t been motivated to go to a Spring game since 2009, how can I believe again and feel the desire to go back to a Spring game?

1. just how BIG is this proposed state "tour" that "coach strong" is preparing to be participating in? obviously, this is indeed a great idea by all accounts... since it shall allow for new and prospective "fans" as per strategic areas throughout the state of texas, to "come and get to view up close and meet our new head coach" per se. what is your most honest view regarding this "tour" darrell? could this prospective "tour" be also designed to build a bit of "swagger" surrounding our new head coach in lieu of "sumlin" as well as "bob stoops" already highly recognized images?

2. darrell, would it be possible to acquire the "view" as per our "friend of bevo" upon what he really thinks of this forthcoming "tour" featuring our new head coach "strong"? i would really enjoy viewing his "pros vs cons" regarding this prospective "tour"

What's the real story with Ronald Jones and UT's recruitment of him?

Good question, what a saga. At least you did not call him "Roland". Is he a prima donna?

From Shaggy: Ronald Jones put out his top 6 and we aren't in it. Supposedly we sent him a letter addressed to "Roland Jones" and he wasn't too happy about it.