Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Charles Barkley on Texas Basketball

utisdabomb12

Barnes still should be fired. I glad we won but barnes didnt win that game. Our players were throwing up careless shots instead of feeding it down low even with the other teams center in early foul trouble. How do you not draw a 5th foul on there center. And he poorly used the lineup. Holmes was awful couldnt make a basket and turned the ball over what seemed like every time he touched it. And while all of this was going on he had 4 timeouts at the 10 minute mark when the other team is on there run. Im very proud of our team and how they pulled out that win but we won playing street basketball and that crap wont fly against Michigan. I hope I wrong but I can say is hookem.

This article also from SportsDayDFW was embedded in the article that utisdabomb12 posted in the original post. It breaks down the matchups, bench, and coaching for the Texas/Michigan game and they pick Texas to win ... pretty good choice and pretty good read.

http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews.com/2014/03/texas-vs-michigan-position-by-position-breakdown-upset-prediction-for-round-of-32-contest.html/

Would still rather Barnes be fired[/quote

This defies belief. Barnes gets blamed for bad play, but when the players do well or improve immensely, he had nothing to do with it. I absolutely love that he is sticking up the haters' asses. A couple of you should go back to OB where you are among your own kind. Folks who complain about NCAA Tournament wins should be banned from calling themselves fans.

If you have never coached a team that had cancers on it, you have no clue. Internet experts think coaching is easy because they are undefeated in X-Box. Too funny.

Barnes was COY, and he'll get Turner. Everyone is returning. All you geniuses better turn your venom to Garrido. Barnes is not going anywhere.

Edited by JimR

Barnes is going to be gone in 3 years. Myles turner might buy him a year next year but he still has the same problems he always has had. He is terrible in late game situations and his teams perform poorly in conference and NCAA tournaments. Before the season the widely reported expectations placed on him were sweet 16 + elite prospect. It looks like he is not going to deliver on those expectations but will have another year because he put an above average team out on the court. Next year with Myles Turner we will look good, be top-10 in January, then have a february collapse like we usually do.

Barnes is going to be gone in 3 years. Myles turner might buy him a year next year but he still has the same problems he always has had. He is terrible in late game situations and his teams perform poorly in conference and NCAA tournaments. Before the season the widely reported expectations placed on him were sweet 16 + elite prospect. It looks like he is not going to deliver on those expectations but will have another year because he put an above average team out on the court. Next year with Myles Turner we will look good, be top-10 in January, then have a february collapse like we usually do.

You seem like a fun guy.

Re ' performs poorly in the NCAA tourny' 5 times he's one-done. 5 times 2nd round . 2 times sweet 16, 2 times elite 8, 1 final four. 19-15 overall. Yeah I'd like more but 'poorly' seems like a poor description.

You seem like a fun guy.

Re ' performs poorly in the NCAA tourny' 5 times he's one-done. 5 times 2nd round . 2 times sweet 16, 2 times elite 8, 1 final four. 19-15 overall. Yeah I'd like more but 'poorly' seems like a poor description.

This is the problem with firing Barnes. You can't fire a guy unless you know there's a far better alternative. Why I never understood the Buzz Williams talk. Buzz is a good coach but has only made one elite 8 and two sweet 16s. Unless you can get a significant upgrade you don't fire Barnes. If you can't get a coach like Caliparri, coach K, etc you can't make the move IMO. Firing Barnes for the likes of a Buzz Williams isn't a good move IMO. It's either a push or slight upgrade.

I actually think Barnes has learned from past mistakes and is getting us ready for an incredible season next year. If we more or less perform the same as this year (not a bad year by any means, but I would want improvement with virtually everyone (everyone?) returning and some young great recruits) then he should be gone, but if we can go deeper and continue building...i am fine with him being here.

This is the problem with firing Barnes. You can't fire a guy unless you know there's a far better alternative. Why I never understood the Buzz Williams talk. Buzz is a good coach but has only made one elite 8 and two sweet 16s. Unless you can get a significant upgrade you don't fire Barnes. If you can't get a coach like Caliparri, coach K, etc you can't make the move IMO. Firing Barnes for the likes of a Buzz Williams isn't a good move IMO. It's either a push or slight upgrade.
agreed. who would be available that would be a clear upgrade?