Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Welcome to the 40 Deshon Elliot

utisdabomb12

Yesterday when Hamm thought Elliot was going to sign with A&M-

"One of the tougher prospects to get a read on right now is Rockwall-Heath safety DeShon Elliot. On Saturday Elliott Tweeted, "Man I'm ready to make my decision." What we do know is the 4-star ballhawk is down to A&M, OU and Texas. However, we're getting mixed signals on where he's leaning.

if you talk with his teammate and Aggie pledge, Trevor Elbert, he'd tell you that DeShon is leaning towards the maroon and white. On top of that, other sources at Rockwall-Heath have Elliott to A&M"

Today when Hamm learned otherwise.

"The Rockwall-Heath safety will be making a commitment today. We have confirmed that. With that said, we're not expecting to see a "Yessir!" either unless the 3-star DB changes his mind between now and when he makes the call."

This is why Taylor Hamm is an absolute joke and 247 should can his azz. Notice how he labels Elliot a 4 star when A&M was in the lead and now he labels him as a 3 star once Texas takes the lead.

Great pickup, this guy is a top 25 prospect in the state for sure. You left out this last part: "We checked with our close sources within the Bright Complex and there’s not a consensus on where Elliott is leaning. Terry Joseph did speak with the 6-1, 200-pounder last week but both former rivals are cautiously optimistic about their chances to land one of the state’s top DBs." It really is pretty ridiculous how every single thing posted on a recruiting board gets nitpicked, Hamm said he wasn't sure and had conflicting sources, I don't see anything wrong with that, most everyone on 247 has expected him to be a Longhorn once he made the statement about A&M having two safeties committed already, regardless of what any recruiting analyst has said otherwise.

Great pickup, this guy is a top 25 prospect in the state for sure. You left out this last part: "We checked with our close sources within the Bright Complex and there’s not a consensus on where Elliott is leaning. Terry Joseph did speak with the 6-1, 200-pounder last week but both former rivals are cautiously optimistic about their chances to land one of the state’s top DBs." It really is pretty ridiculous how every single thing posted on a recruiting board gets nitpicked, Hamm said he wasn't sure and had conflicting sources, I don't see anything wrong with that, most everyone on 247 has expected him to be a Longhorn once he made the statement about A&M having two safeties committed already, regardless of what any recruiting analyst has said otherwise.

I'm not nitpicking Hamm and his questioning of where Elliott would end up. I'm laughing at the fact that he labeled Elliott as a 4 star when he thought A&M was in the lead, and then labeled him as a 3 star once he thought Elliott was going to Texas. Even the Baylor boards are making fun of him for this.

Agmaniacmike, I'm not sure that really changes the point in any way. The additional sentences don't add or change context.

The point is, Hamm changed his description from "4-star Ballhawk" to "3-star DB" without any reason to do so other than the emotional response a homer writer unfortunately provides. It's amateur and juvenile and I pity the guy for thinking it's not the same as having it tattooed on his forehead "I'M A HOMER!"

So no, it's really not ridiculous that people's printed words get examined, particularly when they are so obviously disingenuous.

Agmaniacmike, I'm not sure that really changes the point in any way. The additional sentences don't add or change context.

The point is, Hamm changed his description from "4-star Ballhawk" to "3-star DB" without any reason to do so other than the emotional response a homer writer unfortunately provides. It's amateur and juvenile and I pity the guy for thinking it's not the same as having it tattooed on his forehead "I'M A HOMER!"

So no, it's really not ridiculous that people's printed words get examined, particularly when they are so obviously disingenuous.

He's either a 4 star or 3 star. I expect a journalist/analyst in the recruiting business to not change his rating based on his narrative. That's the bottom line. FYI Hamm was going off earlier in the year on why Elliott would end up being a 4 star throughout all the recruiting services come signing day. We all know why he labeled Elliott a 3 star.

This is why Taylor Hamm is an absolute joke and 247 should can his azz. Notice how he labels Elliot a 4 star when A&M was in the lead and now he labels him as a 3 star once Texas takes the lead.

BOOM! Unbelievable, except I somewhat expected him to do this. Or say that he did not have a committable offer from A$M.

if you talk with his teammate and Aggie pledge, Trevor Elbert, he'd tell you that DeShon is leaning towards the maroon and white. On top of that, other sources at Rockwall-Heath have Elliott to A&M"

Now go to work on Elbert and Warren to don the orange and white.

Sorry, but ya'll are looking for a negative. He called Jordan Davis a 3-star on accident when he committed and said he mistyped after the fact. Sounds like all the butthurt Aggies when Ketchum posts his Texas Top 100 every year.

No, I think the negative just jumps right off the page. We didn't put it there and you cannot remove it, no matter how dizzy you get trying to spin it. You're becoming Ridiculous, Pt II here.

We're obviously not talking about a typo. This is something he's said in public more than once, as someone else explained. He was not only calling him a 4-star, he was CAMPAIGNING for it.

I would suggest you try to maintain your cred while you still have some.

No, I think the negative just jumps right off the page. We didn't put it there and you cannot remove it, no matter how dizzy you get trying to spin it. You're becoming Ridiculous, Pt II here.

We're obviously not talking about a typo. This is something he's said in public more than once, as someone else explained. He was not only calling him a 4-star, he was CAMPAIGNING for it.

I would suggest you try to maintain your cred while you still have some.

Too late

Wait, the guy who continued to pander the Saban to Texas crowd questions my credibility? It is pathetic that you seek to trash the integrity of someone you don't know rather than celebrate a big commitment for your program. We tend to try to read way to much into things that really aren't there. Congrats on the commitment and I hope ya'll can continue to enjoy these events without critiquing every tiny mistake a rival reporter makes.

Wait, the guy who continued to pander the Saban to Texas crowd questions my credibility? It is pathetic that you seek to trash the integrity of someone you don't know rather than celebrate a big commitment for your program. We tend to try to read way to much into things that really aren't there. Congrats on the commitment and I hope ya'll can continue to enjoy these events without critiquing every tiny mistake a rival reporter makes.

Just like an Aggy.........shift the blame.....

Hey, if the shoe fits, wear it....

We don't mind you posting here on a Longhorn Board with meaningful and intelligent inputs, but hold off on the defensive crouch and pointing to focus the blame somewhere else.....true Aggy.

We are laughing.......