Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Question for McPhaul

DocHorn

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geoff Ketchum is NOT banned from Hornsport.

The character Mr. Taylor Duck is banned.

Prior to me joining Hornsports Geoff and I had a good relationship.

Geoff appears to be upset that a few of his sources are now my sources.

They too have been banned from OB's.

I have sent Geoff several emails but, never received a response back.

I have always been complimentary of the OB Staff. Have I not?

I took a complimentary looksee at OB. I was not pleased, for the most part, with the genre of posters on that site. The mods had allowed the site (somewhat like IT, before Clendon put a stop to it) to deteriorate‎ from civil topic discussions/debates to a sinkhole of personal attacks and acrimoney. This was bad, but what was worse was the mod participation in this kind of morass. The straw that broke the camels back, was when it was revealed that Ketch created poster aliases to "stir" interest in the site, He actually admitted this. I'm not a very smart person, but I am smart enough to not spend my money for that kind of chicanery. I wouldn't view a free site for this kind of stuff and I damn sure wouldn't for a pay site.

The constant infighting is just boring and allows old, thin skinned reprobates, like myself, to get angry. And you don't want to make old people angry.

EDIT: After re-reading this post I deleted part of it, feeling it was inappropriate and presumptuous. Sorry everyone.

Edited by doc longhorn

HornSports has held it together nicely in my short experience. We are allowed a forum where we have access to some of the inside scoop and are allowed to disagree, pick nits, etc... as long as we do not go too far. I think we all realize how far too far is. What I like is that we are able to get close to too far as long as we are civil.

HornSports has held it together nicely in my short experience. We are allowed a forum where we have access to some of the inside scoop and are allowed to disagree, pick nits, etc... as long as we do not go too far. I think we all realize how far too far is. What I like is that we are able to get close to too far as long as we are civil.

Well said.

I took a complimentary looksee at OB. I was not pleased, for the most part, with the genre of posters on that site. The mods had allowed the site (somewhat like IT, before Clendon put a stop to it) to deteriorate‎ from civil topic discussions/debates to a sinkhole of personal attacks and acrimoney. This was bad, but what was worse was the mod participation in this kind of morass. The straw that broke the camels back, was when it was revealed that Ketch created poster aliases to "stir" interest in the site, He actually admitted this. I'm not a very smart person, but I am smart enough to not spend my money for that kind of chicanery. I wouldn't view a free site for this kind of stuff and I damn sure wouldn't for a pay site.

Once this site accumulates enough behind the scenes contacts (like Jesus Shuttleworth), I predict it will surge ahead in popularity. Frankly, I think this site is very smart in re-posting some of TOS's inside info, in addition to contributing inside info from mods like yourself. That allows people to still get critical info without having to put up with the BS.

The constant infighting is just boring and allows old, thin skinned reprobates, like myself, to get angry. And you don't want to make old people angry.

your line about the constant infighting being boring is spot on. at one time i kind of enjoyed debating certain issues and posters over there but the threads usually take a crazy turn or degenerate into 'who can make the funniest gif' and it's gotten stale. my sub runs out end of this month, but most of the good guys are either here or another smaller board i frequent so i won't miss it.

Anyone that has been banned on Hornsports have been given my cell number to call.

Those that thought it was unfair and wanted to return, called me and we have had good discussions and most, if not all, have returned to participate with a better understanding of the type of environment/culture we are encouraging.

It is my policy to stay in touch with our members.

Anyone that has been banned on Hornsports have been given my cell number to call.

Those that thought it was unfair and wanted to return, called me and we have had good discussions and most, if not all, have returned to participate with a better understanding of the type of environment/culture we are encouraging.

McPhaul knows how to do it right.

Did MrTaylorDuck call?

You can defend him all you want but Geoff is a small man and a petty POS. He can't help it. He was probably abused as a child.

Since you are dedicated to being the most transparent administration of all time, perhaps only second to the Nixon and Obama years, can you tell us Ketch's new alias?

Inquiring minds, need to know

I'm not defending anybody. How did you come to that conclusion?

I answered the questions as straight and honest as one could.

What I don't want to happen on this board is where we become a place that routinely bashes another board. That doesn't serve anyone well. As a matter of fact Jesus Shuttlesworth and I talked a few months back and both agreed we would promote good relations between our communities.

Shortly after that, Clendon Ross implemented behavior rules for the first time on Inside Texas. I would like to believe that all of us on Hornsports had a little something to do with improving the culture over there.

We are going to take the high road and embrace our competitors with respect and good sportsman.

Since you are dedicated to being the most transparent administration of all time, perhaps only second to the Nixon and Obama years, can you tell us Ketch's new alias?

Inquiring minds, need to know

I honestly don't waste my time thinking about any alias's unless it affects our board. Ketch admitted using alias with intention of generating dialogue on his board. Obviously it was a business decision and one I must admit, was effective for him. He pulled the wool over his members eyes and with me included. Am I mad at him for that? Naw, I'm mad at myself for not recognizing it.:)

Effective or not, that is not a tactic we would consider using to grow Hornsports.

I resemble that remark! I left Horns247 for the same reason. That and stereotyping people with regards to politics. I love a good discussion about sports and I love a good discussion about politics as long as they are handled graciously. Also, a good sense of humor does help. I am just too old to have to spend time responding to "drive by" insults that tend to reduce the discussion to a simplistic caricature of its' former self. Seems that either by design or just the nature of the majority of the posters here, that political discussions don't seem to intrude, and I don't seem to notice posters getting their tail in a crack too often. It is too bad that political discussions cannot seem to be held in a civil manner these days, so the unspoken agreement to leave them for discussion elsewhere is probably a good thing. With regards to cranky and disagreeable posters ... well all I can say is that "flaming" on forums should be left to twelve year olds, and they should do it out of sight and hearing of their elders! ;)

I must say that I have not been visiting this forum for long and I have not posted much, but this forum does seem to have a nice, comfortable feel to it. I want to extend my genuine appreciation and admiration to McPhaul and all of the others who have been instrumental in the creation of HornSports as well as to the good folks who choose to post here. All of your efforts are much appreciated. As an aside, if I have a failing or two as a poster, it is that I sometimes like to think that I have an unusual sense of humor that invariably should be shared with all. The other is that I can tend to be a bit verbose. With regards to my unusual sense of humor, I have so far pretty much kept it under control. But I do know that it could well start bubbling up without much notice. With regards to the verbosity issue ... well, that cat seems to already have escaped the proverbial "bag"! Oh! And my third failing is that ... I did say three, didn't I? ... I tend to like old fashioned winky-smilies. So, if any of these things ever begin to grate on any of you, just remember that I am officially an Olden Farte, and I am probably not going to change! ;)

I resemble that remark! I left Horns247 for the same reason. That and stereotyping people with regards to politics. I love a good discussion about sports and I love a good discussion about politics as long as they are handled graciously. Also, a good sense of humor does help. I am just too old to have to spend time responding to "drive by" insults that tend to reduce the discussion to a simplistic caricature of its' former self. Seems that either by design or just the nature of the majority of the posters here, that political discussions don't seem to intrude, and I don't seem to notice posters getting their tail in a crack too often. It is too bad that political discussions cannot seem to be held in a civil manner these days, so the unspoken agreement to leave them for discussion elsewhere is probably a good thing. With regards to cranky and disagreeable posters ... well all I can say is that "flaming" on forums should be left to twelve year olds, and they should do it out of sight and hearing of their elders! ;)

I must say that I have not been visiting this forum for long and I have not posted much, but this forum does seem to have a nice, comfortable feel to it. I want to extend my genuine appreciation and admiration to McPhaul and all of the others who have been instrumental in the creation of HornSports as well as to the good folks who choose to post here. All of your efforts are much appreciated. As an aside, if I have a failing or two as a poster, it is that I sometimes like to think that I have an unusual sense of humor that invariably should be shared with all. The other is that I can tend to be a bit verbose. With regards to my unusual sense of humor, I have so far pretty much kept it under control. But I do know that it could well start bubbling up without much notice. With regards to the verbosity issue ... well, that cat seems to already have escaped the proverbial "bag"! Oh! And my third failing is that ... I did say three, didn't I? ... I tend to like old fashioned winky-smilies. So, if any of these things ever begin to grate on any of you, just remember that I am officially an Olden Farte, and I am probably not going to change! ;)

Political discussions have no chance these days. The divide is too great in this country.

Political discussions have no chance these days. The divide is too great in this country.

You are correct, and it will probably help keep the tenor of this site pleasant, if we keep those discussions elsewhere. There is nothing more ridiculous than yelling with a keyboard! ;)

I honestly don't waste my time thinking about any alias's unless it affects our board. Ketch admitted using alias with intention of generating dialogue on his board. Obviously it was a business decision and one I must admit, was effective for him. He pulled the wool over his members eyes and with me included. Am I mad at him for that? Naw, I'm mad at myself for not recognizing it.:)

Effective or not, that is not a tactic we would consider using to grow Hornsports.

Good for you - keep that mind think going. IMO, that tactic is completely outrageous and qualifies any site that uses it as a scam. I would never be able to believe anything any mod on that site posted - ever! The fact they actually charge money for that kind of crap is even more outrageous.

I should clarify my stance as well. I have no problem with spirited arguments as long as they don't get personal and are kept civil. Just remember, as far as opinions go, all of us are right and all of us are wrong.

And humor is the great salve - keep that stuff coming.