Find results that contain...
Find results in...

******Selection Sunday Thread*******

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's crazy how Michigan is vying for a #1 seed after losing McGary for the season. Wish Beilein was our coach. He has an eye for great shooters!

LOL every Texas fan wants any coach but Rick Barnes. I get it to an extent. Just watched the starting lineups for Kentucky and 3 of the 5 starters are from Texas. Rick Barnes should get most of the top talent but just like in football, Texas just has a ton of talent and it's tough to keep them all in-state. Rick Barnes is the all-time winningest coach in Texas history by over 100 wins yet some fans want him gone because he doesn't win a championship every year. Even after a great year this year after an abysmal year last year, some people want him gone. Could Texas do better? Yeah but they could also do worse.

LOL every Texas fan wants any coach but Rick Barnes. I get it to an extent. Just watched the starting lineups for Kentucky and 3 of the 5 starters are from Texas. Rick Barnes should get most of the top talent but just like in football, Texas just has a ton of talent and it's tough to keep them all in-state. Rick Barnes is the all-time winningest coach in Texas history by over 100 wins yet some fans want him gone because he doesn't win a championship every year. Even after a great year this year after an abysmal year last year, some people want him gone. Could Texas do better? Yeah but they could also do worse.

Once again, you're showing your lack of logic and naivete.

The Texas guys on the Kentucky roster (and most other rosters) are Top 10-20 recruits. These aren't just "good recruits from Texas." These are the TOP recruits from Texas that aren't coming here (anymore). THE BEST RECRUITS.

Barnes is the winningest coach because he's been here the longest. That's just simple math. He was bound to break the record at some point.

Win a championship every year? He's won 3 in 17 years!

While I thank Barnes for what he's done at Texas, there's no way we could do worse that what we've got. We can only go up.

Recruits, $$$$$$, and no pressure. We have EVERYTHING in place to be a top 8 program.

The Texas guys on the Kentucky roster (and most other rosters) are Top 10-20 recruits. These aren't just "good recruits from Texas." These are the TOP recruits from Texas that aren't coming here (anymore). THE BEST RECRUITS.

Barnes is the winningest coach because he's been here the longest. That's just simple math. He was bound to break the record at some point.

While I thank Barnes for what he's done at Texas, there's no way we could do worse that what we've got. We can only go up.

Recruits, $$$$$$, and no pressure. We have EVERYTHING in place to be a top 8 program.

How is it naive to think that other coaches would not want to come into a situation where a school just fired a coach who won their conference's coach of the year award?

Perception is reality. While you might look at it and say "Well we don't accept anything else than greatness and we'll get a coach that has that mentality." The coach is going to look at it and say "Is this a place where I can be stable enough to raise my family and build my program?" If someone is in a good position, why risk it? So instead of getting a proven coach at the power conference level, Texas might have to settle for a mid major coach that is an unknown at this level.

That's just my argument on that point.

no way we could do worse'? seriously ? that's a ridiculous statement. are there better coaches than barnes...no doubt. but lets not act like he's accomplished nothing.

How is it naive to think that other coaches would not want to come into a situation where a school just fired a coach who won their conference's coach of the year award?

Perception is reality. While you might look at it and say "Well we don't accept anything else than greatness and we'll get a coach that has that mentality." The coach is going to look at it and say "Is this a place where I can be stable enough to raise my family and build my program?" If someone is in a good position, why risk it? So instead of getting a proven coach at the power conference level, Texas might have to settle for a mid major coach that is an unknown at this level.

That's just my argument on that point.

You're delusional if you think people won't throw their name in the hat to coach at Texas just because we fired the coach who won an arbitrary COTY award voted on by his peers. The media didn't vote for him for COTY. I'd argue the media has less bias in these things...

There's no good position here when you look at the overall body of work. If you want mediocrity to slightly above mediocrity, then by all means let's keep Barnes.

One thing I've never understood about our fanbase is why we as Texas fans/alums are OKAY WITH MEDIOCRE RESULTS yet we puff our chest out when it comes time to show off how much money we have and the facilities we can build. I'm hoping Patterson changes this.