Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

OT: Malaysia Airlines Flight

bbdude

Ok, maybe I'm out of touch, but what is "Freescale?"

I've heard today they found parts of the wreckage off the coast of Viet Nam. Still no word but the passport thing is causing many to look at the terrorism angle. However, they have determined that the plane was attempting to turn around before they lost contact with it.

I've wondered if there wasn't some sort of "ooops" moment with the Chinese military.

i do believe that part of our consternation as per this hopeless scenario, is that with this being the year "2014" and with all of the state of the art technology that abounds... how on earth, could something as bizarre as this persist upon the very eyes of the entire world. how is it possible, that a modern day "jet" just up and fully disappear, with only scad traces of ambiguous fragments?

as a person for whom has flown basically around the world and then some... i can fully state that " this is my ultimate nightmare come true". i simply cannot imagine the full grained horror that those passengers must have faced... or could be facing to date. i can only pray that "prayer" is enough!

as a person for whom has flown basically around the world and then some... i can fully state that " this is my ultimate nightmare come true". i simply cannot imagine the full grained horror that those passengers must have faced... or could be facing to date. i can only pray that "prayer" is enough!

No doubt.

Although we do not yet know the cause, I admit I have already jumped to the question of whether passenger profiling could have prevented this.

I really suck at science but can a plane really disintegrate completely in midair leaving no traces of wreckage whether by mechanical failure or bomb/missile?

Only with enough heat to vaporize the plane, basically would have to be a nuclear explosion in the 100kiloton range or higher to have the necessary energy to vaporize everything

and the plane would need to be essentially carrying the bomb.

No the wreckage is somewhere, they just have to find it

Edited by DocHorn

If the plane went down over Vietnam, Cambodia, or China, the search could as difficult as it would be in the South China sea, depending on the area. Just my opinion.

Sending prayers for everyone involved.