Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Texas Offered Ronald Jones

I understand your point, but, I'm not happy he had to call Texas to get an offer if that is the scenario that played out.

If this is a dead period for contact (not sure if it is or not) then the coaches aren't allowed to initiate the contact. There are also limited contacts the head Coach can make so more than likely, his HS coach was told to have Jones contact Coach Strong.

Mark Moore at the Bears 247 site just changed his prediction on RB Chris Warren from Baylor to Texas.

RB Ronald Jones actually lived in Leander before moving to McKinney. He'll be in Austin for the Texas Relays in late March and plans to swing over to the football offices to meet the UT football coaches.

Texas doesn't vault all the way back into the top spot with the offer, but Jones said the Longhorns are now squarely in the mix. Other schools he mentioned that are high on his list are OU, Miami, Arkansas, USC and Iowa. (Suchomel)

They wanted me to come down for the last two junior days but I wasn't able to make it," said WR Demarkus Lodge. "So now my plan is to either come down next month for the spring game or come during the first of summer. I'd like to get some 1-on-1 time with the coaches and get to know them personally, so for me I don't think junior day would have been the best anyway. I mean I've been there like ten times so I have seen everything. I want to get to know the staff is all."

Lodge knows most fan bases think Texas is completely out of it. After all, former wide receivers coach Darrell Wyatt is gone and the Longhorns were absent from his recent top schools list. However, Texas is still very much in play.

"They're still someone I'm considering," Lodge told Horns247. "It's just a matter of being familiar with those guys, which I'm not yet. Who's to say I don't meet them and we hit it off? That would change everything completely."

Why the hell would RJ2 contact Coach Strong if UT wasn't on his Top 6 list? Iowa? Gimme a break...

Texas is very much in the mix with Ronald Jones IMO. 1) He wouldn't be visiting. 2) He wouldn't have been so mad about not having an offer from Texas, if he didn't have interest. With that said I actually like Warren over Jones.

Quotes from RB Ronald Jones of McKinney North after receiving a Texas offer last night (OrangeBloods):

"It was really disappointing (waiting on an offer) because I had Texas number one. Now with the offer, I've had a lot of schools contact me lately. But because it's Texas, I have to put them back in there," Jones II said. "I'm going to rethink it. Before this, I wasn't as interested as I used to be."

"I can't lie. I am excited. It's finally happened. It's Texas. It's hard not to be excited."

"He said he wants me there, thinks I have a lot of potential. From what he's heard, he said he's heard I'm a great young man with outstanding character. He wants me down in Austin, which is actually my hometown."

Quotes from RB Ronald Jones of McKinney North after receiving a Texas offer last night (OrangeBloods):

"It was really disappointing (waiting on an offer) because I had Texas number one. Now with the offer, I've had a lot of schools contact me lately. But because it's Texas, I have to put them back in there," Jones II said. "I'm going to rethink it. Before this, I wasn't as interested as I used to be."

"I can't lie. I am excited. It's finally happened. It's Texas. It's hard not to be excited."

"He said he wants me there, thinks I have a lot of potential. From what he's heard, he said he's heard I'm a great young man with outstanding character. He wants me down in Austin, which is actually my hometown."

Perhaps this is Strong's new strategy?

Be very selective with offers to make actually getting one from UT coveted? Just a crazy thought.