Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Songs You're Embarrassed That you Love

I'm sitting here sipping on wine and listening to music and I was thinking how I have so many really cheesy and lame songs that I love, and I thought it would be a good thread to talk about these guilty pleasures. I'll start by saying that I'm listening to this gem right now:

What songs are you embarrassed that you LOVE? I've got lots more where this came from!

Edited by castlebravo1

1. neil diamond - "turn on your heartlight"

2. cat trick - featuring lauren wood - "fallen"

3. olivia newton john - "suddenly"

4. stacy lattisaw & johnny gill - "perfect combination"

5. christopher cross - "arthur's theme"

I got too many to list.

I sometimes belt out "I came in like a Wrecking Ball" for no reason, while walking the dogs.

I do not know why I do this, and pray none of the neighbors is paying attention.

I also have a bad habit of letting the occasional TV ad background music get in my head.

Then I look it up, add it to the rotation.

Here are two I have done that with recently.

The best I can say in my defense is that these songs are (a) not that bad and (B) better then a simple commercial jingle.

This one sells T-Mobile phone contracts .....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Idf9bIl1_qI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This one sells Lexus autos .....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/y3yIjGI1Tno" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I did the same thing with a song that suddenly popped up at the end of a Game of Thrones episode

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4nOcdvjmiT4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by Juan Grande

pretty much anything from the disco era. i was in college late 70s-early 80s and was all in on rock-and-roll. springsteen, seger, skynyrd, the eagles (use google lsampson...they were all very popular) and our crowd was dismissive of disco. found myself surfing the 70s channel on XM the other day and loving me some bee gees and gloria gaynor.

there. i said it. i've been carrying this burden for some 30-years.

pretty much anything from the disco era. i was in college late 70s-early 80s and was all in on rock-and-roll. springsteen, seger, skynyrd, the eagles (use google lsampson...they were all very popular) and our crowd was dismissive of disco. found myself surfing the 70s channel on XM the other day and loving me some bee gees and gloria gaynor.

there. i said it. i've been carrying this burden for some 30-years.

If we get a weekend late night music thread going this weekend, I can just sense this topic is going to be revisited. I'm thinking I picked the wrong weekend to quit drinking.

I did the same thing with a song that suddenly popped up at the end of a Game of Thrones episode

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/4nOcdvjmiT4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There is zero, I repeat, zero wrong with loving any song from the Game of Thrones. I listen to The Rains of Castamere at least monthly.

True by Spandau Ballet. I'm also pretty damn embarrassed I can spell Spandau Ballet!

Do you drive a Chevy?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/aXaxMoeO3e8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'm sitting here sipping on wine and listening to music and I was thinking how I have so many really cheesy and lame songs that I love, and I thought it would be a good thread to talk about these guilty pleasures. I'll start by saying that I'm listening to this gem right now:

What songs are you embarrassed that you LOVE? I've got lots more where this came from!

Dancing Queen by Abba.....my wife gives me sh** when I crank it in the car!! ha ha

Dancing Queen by Abba.....my wife gives me sh** when I crank it in the car!! ha ha

Yes Dancing Queen is worthy of shame but do you play air piano when listening to it like me? Like I can play the piano.

I still get off on all things Human League. I never tire of those jams.