Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

College Station for fun?

Aggies seem to be the "hot" program right now with recruits because Sumlin has cultivated a "fun, family atmosphere". Fun?

Admittedly, I haven't spent any time in College Station since the late 80's. What has changed there? :confused:

http://www.goodbullhunting.com/2014/3/2/5464152/off-the-wood-web-comic-charlie-strong-kevin-sumlin-swagcopter

Aggies seem to be the "hot" program right now with recruits because Sumlin has cultivated a "fun, family atmosphere". Fun?

Admittedly, I haven't spent any time in College Station since the late 80's. What has changed there? :confused:

http://www.goodbullhunting.com/2014/3/2/5464152/off-the-wood-web-comic-charlie-strong-kevin-sumlin-swagcopter

If by fun you mean downing prescription drugs and smoking weed with your teammates in a vehicle, that's your place! Just try to abide by the traffic laws and don't end the fun by getting pulled over and arrested. Just having fun, we've had our issues in Austin as well with cars and cops.

The fact that a Head football Coach in Division I football tweets incessant "YESSIR"'s is a tad disturbing to me.

[tweet]439567625274667009[/tweet]

[tweet]437715195117309953[/tweet]

I have no idea what it means but his mama sure taught him some manners.

The fact that a Head football Coach in Division I football tweets incessant "YESSIR"'s is a tad disturbing to me. ......

I have no idea what it means but his mama sure taught him some manners.

The #Yessir is the equivalent of Strong's #letsride.

Coaches may not comment directly on recruits prior to signing day.

So, this has become a way for them to acknowledge a new verbal commit, without mentioning him by name.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23LonghornNation&src=hash">#LonghornNation</a> just got a little bit Stronger! <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23letsride&src=hash">#letsride</a></p>— Charlie Strong (@Strong_TexasFB) <a href="

">February 22, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Edited by Juan Grande
#hook'em to #letsride

You are right.

Back to the coffee pot for me.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Coffee is more addictive than marijuana.</p>— Mind Blowing Facts (@urmindblown) <a href="https://twitter.com/urmindblown/statuses/440726827079053312">March 4, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Edited by Juan Grande

There is a reason College Station is the kind of place people want to remain after they graduate. I am not sure what it is, but people vote with their feet and the fact the overwhelming majority of aggy grads who choose to live in College Station speaks for itself.

Also, It shouldn't be lost on people that last year, Center of Innovation in Advanced Development and Manufacturing (CIADM) was designated to be located in "the Bryan-College Station biocorridor." The announcement sent immediate shock waves through the world's biomedical community and has caused most of the world's greatest talents in the field to leave their previous homes in Switzerland, California and other far flung locales to relocate to the Bryan-College Station metropolis. World class fine dining, fine arts including the world renowned (all-male) Texas A&M ballet company and events such as Chilifest in Snook are just part of what draws glitterazzi to B/CS.

Boasting an international airport that is the hub of Air Nut Squeeze, featuring all Cessna 172 luxury to such far flung locations as Dime Box and Blinn, College Station is the new "it" spot for world jet setters. Not to be out done by Austin's Circuit f the Americans which hosts an annual Formula 1 race in the fall, Texas A&M, the cultural and intellectual crown jewel of the region, recently flexed its racing muscle by inspiring a paint theme for Jeff Gordon's NASCAR team at an upcoming race.

If you haven't been to College Station lately, you simply haven't been to College Station. As the slogan says "College Station, from the inside its an experience you can't explain and once outside you can't erase from your mind."

(if you want the short version, it's still the same Godforsaken sh!thole it ever was. Sumlin has simply legalized weed and outlawed going to classes in order to recruit.)

Edited by Randolph Duke

"Sumlin has simply legalized weed"....... the funny thing is that's not even a joke. A lot of people think Speedy choose A&M over LSU because of Sumlins more lenient drug policies. Ever since the honey badger LSU has had very strict drug policies. Heck, even LSU and A&M fans were joking about whatever school offered the most lenient drug policies would get Speedy during his recruitment process. It's sad that college athletics have come to that. The fact that Speedy was at the first Spring practice, after the incident only a few days earlier, speaks volumes. When you say "Sumlin has simply legalized weed" there's actually some truth. You know damn well if Sumlin had an balls and actually drug tested all three of those players in the car, the results would have been positive for marijuana.

Edited by utisdabomb12

The "swag" will start to quickly wear off when aggy loses 5 games this year. The smoke and mirrors of their "dominance" is going to be exposed pretty quickly. In the meantime, can we please stop posting links to their propaganda and just ignore them like we always have?