Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

*****Texas vs. Rice Baseball Friday*****

joeywa

Texas didn't manufacture a run tonight. They had 2 extra base hits that scored their runs. They failed every time they tried to manufacture a run.

The first run was definitely manufactured. McGuire sacrificed to get Clemens in scoring position. Small ball might have been a better phrase...

Regardless, my point is I have no problem with Augie ball this year. We don't have any power bats and we haven't shown the ability to put big runs on the board really. Our pitching staff is maybe the best in the country. If we get a guy on first with no outs, I have no problem with a sacrifice bunt (especially based on our hitting). Like I've said we only need a few runs a game. The only time I disagree with Augie ball is if a team has huge bats and the ability to score big runs, we don't have that (at least yet). Say what you will about Augie ball but it's won before.

Edited by utisdabomb12

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The first run was definitely manufactured. McGuire sacrificed to get Clemens in scoring position. Small ball might have been a better phrase...

Regardless, my point is I have no problem with Augie ball this year. We don't have any power bats and we haven't shown the ability to put big runs on the board really. Our pitching staff is maybe the best in the country. If we get a guy on first with no outs, I have no problem with a sacrifice bunt (especially based on our hitting). Like I've said we only need a few runs a game. The only time I disagree with Augie ball is if a team has huge bats and the ability to score big runs, we don't have that (at least yet). Say what you will about Augie ball but it's won before.

Again the bunt was inconsequential. Clemens might have scored on the 1st double, but definitely the near HR. The only thing the bunt did was waste an out.