Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gray jerseys

McQ

Let me preface this comment by saying that I am a traditionalist, and don't think we need to trick up our logo or shine up any thing a la oregon or baylor football. That being said, if patterson and company decided on a third football gray jersey version similar to our current unis, I don't think I would mind it. After all, we have grays in womens soccer, basketball and baseball (others I am sure) and have used them for years. In each of those sports, the gray versions are pretty sharp. Would going to a third gray be against tradition if we use it in every other sport?

Edited by McQ

I seem to recall the gray hoops unis originated with penders when I was at the 40 acres. He would break them out for some of the bigger home games. I think they are sharp, and liking the first half of the game tonight. On that note, no need to ever tinker with the football unis.

Edited by MikeV73

Let me preface this comment by saying that I am a traditionalist, and don't think we need to trick up our logo or shine up any thing a la oregon or baylor football. That being said, if patterson and company decided on a third football gray jersey version similar to our current unis, I don't think I would mind it. After all, we have grays in womens soccer, basketball and baseball (others I am sure) and have used them for years. In each of those sports, the gray versions are pretty sharp. Would going to a third gray be against tradition if we use it in every other sport?

I agree - their are two changes I would like to see:

Burnt orange and white

White and Burnt orange.

There is, however, a pet peeve of my that I would like to see obliterated and that is the decal with the stupid, silly looking, happy little longhorn with the cowboy hat.

:)

Edited by doc longhorn

Agree that gray would be just fine as alternate color.

Definitely not black or anthracite (charcoal)!

I agree - their are two changes I would like to see:

Burnt orange and white

White and Burnt orange.

There is, however, a pet peeve of my that I would like to see obliterated and that is the decal with the stupid, silly looking, happy little longhorn with the cowboy hat.

:)

had a sweatshirt as a kid with that smiley Bevo logo, loved it as a kid in the late 70s but it should stay on kids apparel. It has made quite the comeback over the last few years. Any thoughts on the screaming angry looking Bevo logo that has arisen recently?

had a sweatshirt as a kid with that smiley Bevo logo, loved it as a kid in the late 70s but it should stay on kids apparel. It has made quite the comeback over the last few years. Any thoughts on the screaming angry looking Bevo logo that has arisen recently?

I like the retro smiley Bevo. That's the t-shirt I'm wearing to the Spring Game.

I seem to recall the gray hoops unis originated with penders when I was at the 40 acres. He would break them out for some of the bigger home games. I think they are sharp, and liking the first half of the game tonight. On that note, no need to ever tinker with the football unis.

This is correct. Penders used them for "big" games.

Edited by JimR

I agree, not a big fan of alternative jerseys but these gray jerseys are pretty sharp.

Yep. I would definitely be considered a traditionalist, but I love the gray basketball jerseys, certainly not as our main jerseys, but for a change. Not sure how I would feel about gray for a special football jersey, but if done well it could look pretty sharp. I'd have to see it before being totally close-minded about it. I think I'd rather wear them for a bowl game though.

Edited by hooked76

I had a non-longhorn friend give me a hat with angry bevo on it for a birthday present. I felt bad that he was never going to see me wear it.