Blaine Gabbert

Christian Ponder

Brandon Weeden

Jake Locker

Jason Campbell

J.P. Losman

Kyle Boller

Patrick Ramsey

And those are only the Quarterbacks that I didn't feel were first round material. There were others that busted that I thought could have a decent Professional Career.

Personally, I think a 1st Round pick should have the ability and maturity to be a starter as a rookie. That's just me. I wouldn't touch JFF in the 1st for the reasons detailed by GARCH.

I don't think there is a "can't miss" QB in this Draft.

Personally, I think a 1st Round pick should have the ability and maturity to be a starter as a rookie. That's just me. I wouldn't touch JFF in the 1st for the reasons detailed by GARCH.

I don't think there is a "can't miss" QB in this Draft.

We're in agreement there. If you're drafted in the 1st Round of the Draft, you should be able to start day one. However, NFL scouts have made a mess out of drafting Quarterbacks for as long as I can remember. Due to the position's value, scouts tend to overvalue players at that position.

good point. i just flipped through some articles and some are saying that they browns new brass might prefer derek carr over manziel.

i still dont think he falls out of the top 15 or so. but if i were him i'd watch the draft from the comfort of my home. i always feel terrible for the guys who get invited there and then have to wait uncomfortably.

Here is a serious question - when determining Manziels NFL value. Without his scrambling ability (which I think will eventually get him hurt), what does he bring to the table with his arm or the evidence he has the patience to complete his progressions? I think, at best, he is mediocre in this respect. There are, at least, 5 QB's that are superior to him in these areas.

The league is not constructed like it was in the days of Fran Tarkington. There too many physical freaks, like Clowney, that are bigger, faster and more vicious than Manziel has seen in college. I loved watching him play in college - he was exciting - but I think college will be the highest level of his achievements.

He is out of his league in the NFL.

Here is a serious question - when determining Manziels NFL value. Without his scrambling ability (which I think will eventually get him hurt), what does he bring to the table with his arm or the evidence he has the patience to complete his progressions? I think, at best, he is mediocre in this respect. There are, at least, 5 QB's that are superior to him in these areas.

The league is not constructed like it was in the days of Fran Tarkington. There too many physical freaks, like Clowney, that are bigger, faster and more vicious than Manziel has seen in college. I loved watching him play in college - he was exciting - but I think college will be the highest level of his achievements.

He is out of his league in the NFL.

Bucky Richardson, Part II?

Of course, you can say the same things about both VY and Colt McCoy if we want to be "fair & balanced". Great CFB quarterbacks, but suspect NFL talents.

Edited by J.B. TexasEx
Bucky Richardson, Part II?

Of course, you can say the same things about both VY and Colt McCoy if we want to be "fair & balanced". Great CFB quarterbacks, but suspect NFL talents.

Evidently, Bucky still likes to drink - even at 9:00 AM on a Sunday. That being said, I loved Bucky Richardson in college - tough son of a gun.

Yep - I think you can say the same about Colt as well - or James Brown. VY is another story. The NFL, and Fisher in particular, were too structured for a guy like VY. A free wheeling QB doesn't last long in the league, today.

there's a great set of videos put out by one of the many NFL twitter draft scouts that showed the good and bad of manziel. their take was that manziel's arm is underrated...that he does have the ability to make darn near any throw he'd be required to in the NFL.

the negatives are his field vision and his ability to step into a collapsing pocket instead of feeling phantom pressure and taking off.

i'll see if i can find them.

he is relatively uncomfortable in the pocket. he also lacks the ability to consistently step into a collapsing pocket instead of rolling out to make a play with his legs.

hes gotten a lot of coaching from george whitfield...my concern with that i think whitfield does a good job of teaching them how to deal with choas in the pocket, but doesnt teach enough of how to navigate into a clean pocket.

Glad to see Derek get some love. And David a little bit at that. I fully believe that Carr could have been a good starting Quarterback at the Professional level had he had an Offensive Line to protect him. That Offensive Line might be one of the worst in NFL history and I think it single-handedly ruined David Carr's career. As far as Derek is concerned, he should be a Top 10 pick this year. If he isn't, I have a hard time believing he falls out of the first.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>"Yes he does create offense. But he also doesn't throw to open receivers." <a href="https://twitter.com/gregcosell">@gregcosell</a> on Johnny Manziel <a href="http://t.co/T1MhSzUBut">pic.twitter.com/T1MhSzUBut</a></p>— Herd w/Colin Cowherd (@TheHerd) <a href="

">February 28, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I saw Derek Carr mentioned earlier in this thread, it is a travesty that Bortles and Bridgewater gets lots of play for the top of the first round but he doesn't. Unfortunately, I think most people can't shake off that name that produced a first overall pick bust (David Carr's OL was trash).

Carr did a LOT of his damage throwing to a future NFL star at receiver. Davante Adams is a beast. Carr is a good prospect but not as good as Bridgewater or Bortles IMO.

Edited by Sejjr

This really needs to be probed further. The rest of us need to learn how football success can be achieved through bigotry. Inquiring minds want to know: Is a gay black qb better than a straight white qb? How about a qb who deals cocain? Are rapists a problem on the team? How about someone who shoots their teammates? I guess it's just white skined qbs that you really need to steer clear of.

And I think he's actually trying to seem less racist by saying he'd take a white QB if the kid was raised by black parents. WTF???

What a jackass!

• 1 year later...