Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CBS Sports: Barry Switzer Calls Johnny Manziel an 'Arrogant Little Pr*ck

switzer has been all over the map about johnny.

he also said the following:

"I've seen Michael Jordan and Oscar Robertson," Switzer said. "Well, let me tell you, Johnny Manziel is the first football player I've seen that can control the game like those guys did basketball. It's unbelievable the numbers that he can put up against the competition game after game after game."

and

"That all aside, let me tell you, he is a great, great football player. And I predict he'll be drafted within the first five picks if he's not the first pick overall. I bet he'll be No. 1 on a lot of people's board."

so maybe switzer thinks arrogant little prick is a compliment or somethinig? no clue.

switzer has been all over the map about johnny.

he also said the following:

and

so maybe switzer thinks arrogant little prick is a compliment or somethinig? no clue.

Oh, I don't think he has been all over the map. Recognizing Manziels athletic ability has nothing to do with his personality.

And, Joe, you guys are so hypocritical. If Manziel had played for UT, would you be so forgiving of his shenanigans?

We both know the answer to this, don't we?

Edited by doc longhorn
I try not to judge folks that I don't know.

I don't know that id care all that much about the shenanigans of a UT player.

I appreciated how brash vaccaro was on the field. Is that kind of what you're getting at?

I've gotta speak up for Prop on this one. I've followed his posts here and on Hornfans for quite a while now, and I've found him, and another ag poster called Bundy to be fair-minded, rational, and while both are fans of agricultural, they're not fanatics about the ag school, nor hypercritical of UT. I haven't always agreed with Prop on his posts, but then I can't think of any UT fans I always agree with either. I actually look forward to Prop's takes on things...it's cool to get a different take without all the accompanying aggy hype and bragging. Give Prop a chance and I think you'll be interested in most of what he says, even if you don't agree with everything he says.

I love watching Johnny play and watched him here in Kerrville in high school so hope he does land somewhere where I can Watch him play. His off field stuff has been around a while and really think why UT or Mack didn't take him. He loves to have fun and is noticed cause of Heisman, but hope he has really changed. I'd probably be somewhat arrogant or whatever if I'd won the Heisman as a Freshman also!

I wish him success wherever he goes. Remember he really wanted to be a Longhorn, not an Aggie!

When the man who recruited Brian Bozworth thinks you're an arrogant prick, it's time to take stock of your life.

If ever there was a man who had the necessary life experience to objectively evaluate arrogance and prick-ness - it might be Barry Switzer. In addition to his own shortcomings he's recruited and developed hundreds of arrogant pricks over the years.

It's not often I agree with Barry, but he gets a +1 from me on those comments.

More Barry, going back to September.

"For him to act so arrogant, I wanted to jerk his face mask and I wanted to grab him," Switzer went on to say. "Of course you get fired for that now; in the old days you could get away with that. It's the world we live in. It's a misplaced value system. When I see this happen I wonder where the core value system comes from, if he has a core value system. This young man needs a damn hell of a lot of development."

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=9633661

And apparently ESPN has been calling him "4th Round Johnny"

Manziel, or "Fourth-Round Johnny" as he's known in Bristol,.....

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>IMHO “Fourth-Round Johnny” doesn’t have same panache as “Johnny Football” <a href="http://t.co/FUXecx4mHP">pic.twitter.com/FUXecx4mHP</a></p>— Will Brinson (@WillBrinson) <a href="

">February 26, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Id be pretty surprised if he fell lower than the browns. They seem to be in love with him.

(a) You know there has been a complete changeover there, correct?

While the old regime made some positive comments abount your ALP, not sure this new group has publicly said the same things. Have they?

(B) And, even if so, can we believe anything any team says about the draft right before the draft?

I was going to exempt the team with the first pick from that generalization but I don't think even they are exempt this year since there is no clear-cut No. 1 and Houston may be positioning to move down.

I couldn't see him falling any lower than the beginning of the 2nd Round. But it's difficult to see him falling out of the first round. Cleveland picks at 26 and if they didn't use their earlier pick on a Quarterback, Manziel won't fall past 26. But if Cleveland has selected a Quarterback by then, I could see a team like New Orleans taking him. Brees is 35 and is signed through 2016. This would be an opportunity for Brees to play out his remaining years and then pass the torch to Manziel. It would also give Manziel time to develop and learn under one of the better Quarterbacks in the League. Another thing to think about in regards to New Orleans is their cap situation and how an aging Quarterback fits into the equation. If he falls past New Orleans, I could then see Denver taking a flyer on him. Granted Denver has Brock Osweiler who provides an easier transition playstyle wise when Peyton retires, you have to wonder if they'll be able to withstand the desire to bring in one of the more flashy players in the Draft.

But if he falls past those three teams, he'll be selected by one of the following teams that didn't take a Quarterback in the First Round:

Houston Texans

Jacksonville Jaguars

Minnesota Vikings

Then you have to consider the following teams:

Oakland Raiders

Tennessee Titans

(a) You know there has been a complete changeover there, correct?

good point. i just flipped through some articles and some are saying that they browns new brass might prefer derek carr over manziel.

i still dont think he falls out of the top 15 or so. but if i were him i'd watch the draft from the comfort of my home. i always feel terrible for the guys who get invited there and then have to wait uncomfortably.

But if Cleveland has selected a Quarterback by then, I could see a team like New Orleans taking him. Brees is 35 and is signed through 2016. This would be an opportunity for Brees to play out his remaining years and then pass the torch to Manziel.

Do you seriously think Manziel could survive in N'Awlins for two years without the spotlight? He might party and drink himself into a coma. The "arrogant little prick" needs the testosterone release of playing on game day!

Do you seriously think Manziel could survive in N'Awlins for two years without the spotlight? He might party and drink himself into a coma. The "arrogant little prick" needs the testosterone release of playing on game day!

Manziel in New Orleans brings up the issue of the humid summer climate and Manziel's sensitivity to dehydration.

On Draft Day, it's not about what the players can handle.

Manziel should be no higher than a 4th rounder. He has a weak arm, doesn't know how to read defenses, and is turnover prone. I'll be surprised if actual paid scouts think he's worth a top 15 pick

"Actual paid scouts" considered these Quarterbacks First Round Material:

Tim Tebow

Blaine Gabbert

Christian Ponder

Brandon Weeden

Jake Locker

Jason Campbell

J.P. Losman

Kyle Boller

Patrick Ramsey

And those are only the Quarterbacks that I didn't feel were first round material. There were others that busted that I thought could have a decent Professional Career.