New commit

bear211989

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HUDL for him http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/2733542/highlights/80856402

pic here

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>New Texas commit DE Charles Omenihu (<a href="https://twitter.com/charless_94">@charless_94</a>) was offered at junior day. 6-5, 220, big potential. <a href="http://t.co/gRSq6uT2uy">pic.twitter.com/gRSq6uT2uy</a></p>— Max Olson (@max_olson) <a href="

">February 24, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Please don't take this as me bashing Texas. Your program is much better than offering guys like this in February of their junior year.

I disagree. I think he fits the Strong mold so far. Tall, rangy with the ability to add good weight. Plays the run really well and uses his hands well. Pass rushing looks less developed but a great first step. OB has ranked as the #2 DE in state despite Rivals 3 star rank.

I'm bashing whoever evaluated this guy and decided to offer him, because he is not good IMO, not even close to worthy. In even an average year in the state at DE, teams with resources like Texas would be laughed at for doling out an offer like this. If this guy pans out then it is certainly a testament to coaching being better.

I'm bashing whoever evaluated this guy and decided to offer him, because he is not good IMO, not even close to worthy. In even an average year in the state at DE, teams with resources like Texas would be laughed at for doling out an offer like this. If this guy pans out then it is certainly a testament to coaching being better.

where do you coach?

for somebody who hasn't won squat, you guys sure are full of yourselves lately. congrats on finally having a good recruiting year. it's been a long time coming. now go win something and then come back and tell us what we're doing wrong.

OK?

no offense, agmaniac, because you seem like a pretty reasonable guy but telling us not to think of a post as bashing and then bashing is a bit like pissing down our leg and telling us its raining.

how would you know this over strong and his staff?

I am reasonable, I question the evals of guys in recruiting. You will see me on recruiting threads quite a bit because I enjoy following it and feel like my evals are solid and aren't biased like most sites. I plan on releasing a state top 100 sometime in the spring. If any of the mods have a problem with my negatives on a player please let me know and I will stop posting them. BTW, everybody loves it when I heap any praise on Buck Majors and Ed Freeman, but can't handle it when I think poorly of another prospect.

Positives: Uses length well; Smart player-always has eyes towards the ball, decent gap read; Size- looks like a bigger Derrick Roberson; Hints of athleticism-jumping towards ballcarrier, violent hits?

Negatives: Slow and lumbering; Strength is lacking; Lean and vertical leverage (plays high); Hand placement and block shedding; Little to no explosion off the ball.

Basically, looks like Tarzan plays like Jane.

Grade: Mid 3-star, bottom end top 10 DE in state on average years (prob. top 5 this year thus far)

I am reasonable, I question the evals of guys in recruiting. You will see me on recruiting threads quite a bit because I enjoy following it and feel like my evals are solid and aren't biased like most sites. I plan on releasing a state top 100 sometime in the spring. If any of the mods have a problem with my negatives on a player please let me know and I will stop posting them. BTW, everybody loves it when I heap any praise on Buck Majors and Ed Freeman, but can't handle it when I think poorly of another prospect.

Positives: Uses length well; Smart player-always has eyes towards the ball, decent gap read; Size- looks like a bigger Derrick Roberson; Hints of athleticism-jumping towards ballcarrier, violent hits?

Negatives: Slow and lumbering; Strength is lacking; Lean and vertical leverage (plays high); Hand placement and block shedding; Little to no explosion off the ball.

Grade: Mid 3-star, bottom end top 10 DE in state on average years (prob. top 5 this year thus far)

I'm curious - where are you getting game tape on these players? All-22 tape for the WR/DB's?

how would you know this over strong and his staff?

You are allowed to question somebody that your school is paying millions. I challenge you to look at things and formulate an opinion instead of just saying I trust in ...(unless it's holy). Every staff in the country will make multiple questionable offers to players that won't pan out (Mack made ton towards the end of his tenure), including Strong and Sumlin. I personally like to have knowledge of these players and have made judgments of them that haven't always agreed with the accepted logic. For instance, there is no reason Kris Boyd shouldn't have an A&M offer. We made some poor offers in the our secondary and linebacker class in 2013. Each one of these bad takes is one less scholarship for a guy that could upgrade your program, not only is it OK to be frustrated at this, but it should be natural to be disconcerted at continuing to take average players into the program year after year.

too funny

for somebody who hasn't won squat, you guys sure are full of yourselves lately. congrats on finally having a good recruiting year. it's been a long time coming. now go win something and then come back and tell us what we're doing wrong.

OK?

no offense, agmaniac, because you seem like a pretty reasonable guy but telling us not to think of a post as bashing and then bashing is a bit like pissing down our leg and telling us its raining.

slim my man you are never one to not tell it how it is. As for me I am hoping the coaching staff has seen something they like. That would be reason enough to give Charles Omenihu a scholarship. I am hoping that CS is going to be one of those coaches who can see a kids potential. Much like Bill Yeoman did at the UH when he would go into east Texas for a recruit people had never heard of. My friends y'all have a great week.

I hate to agree with an aggie but he brings up some valid points. His first step is slow and doesnt play with power. However kids with his frame that havent been tapped out when it comes to potential do not come around often. This offer makes sense, over the past few years we didnt secure too many dlinemen and with his potential upside we need numbers. I do have alot of faith in our coaching compared to the last few year's. Aggymatic dont sweat the criticism , we all just hate your school with a passion. And aggies are delusional

Let's see in a few years.

First, he's got a good frame, Second, he's pretty smart. The coaching staff probably thinks they have the raw materials to work with. Most of the criticisms (playing high, using hands, and strength) can be addressed by coaching. We'll have to see on the first step and fluidity.

Basically, if it's a mediocre year in the state for DEs and UT is short on numbers, how does it hurt taking the no. 2 guy in the state at this position? I expect we'll take 3 more (depending on the spring attrition) and it's doubtful we'll pull 4 guys from OOS.

For instance, there is no reason Kris Boyd shouldn't have an A&M offer.

This is where you lost me. Boyd is undoubtedly the best cover corner in the state. He's a can't miss.

In your analysis, you pinpoint two items you consider to be "cons" with regard to the recruit. Both items are coach-correctable and are probably a result of poor off-season and lack of individual technique coaching.

Your analysis seems to count on these items remaining status quo with no change in sight.

Strong saw some things he really liked in the kid, was obviously willing to accept the cons and felt they were correctable. You seldom get a "finished work" coming out of HS. It is a problem for you to think that way, IMO.

You complain that we took the #2 DE in the state. We have a long list of AA DEs who were not the #1 DE recruit in the state. He has an offer from N'western and was drawing serious interest from Bama, Michigan, Baylor, Cal, OSU and TCU.

Edited by Sirhornsalot