Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

And the party rolls on at the College Station country club...

Randolph Duke

Also according to rivals it looks like noil had an offer from Texas so his "non angelic" behavior must not have been too much of a turn off.

Rap music playing during practice, ganja burning after... The "aTm" is turning into a maroon version of "The U" just without the victories to back up the "swag."

that doesnt mean anything. they still have luke joeckel's bio up, and he was with the jaguars last year (http://www.aggieathletics.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=205236090)

until it becomes a larger issue on the levels as the one that you're describing, i wont really worry about it.

and hey, if delivering 8 or so wins a year can keep a coach employed by UT for four years, why would it be any different for A&M? :)

Delivering 9 10 win seasons, a national championship and going 3/3 in bcs victories let mb stick around for four years with 8 win sessions. Ur ags have won nothing, are selling themselves down the river, and will probably be exploited to cause the demise of the sec.

Oh no rap music. Won't someone think of the children.

:)

I don't care if it's classical music they are blaring. You play music at parties, usually not at work.

It's a difference in cultures. Kevin Sumlin is running a country club, most other coaches are running a football program. But, as I said yesterday, Sumlin isn't getting paid to win championships. He is getting paid to beat four OOC creampuffs, go 4-4 in conference and win 8 games a year. Talented athletes can party their way to that record (as long as they don't have to get up early and actually sit in a classroom).

The underlying facts of this arrest read like a Cheech and Chong movie script

First, they were at "The Reveille Ranch" which brings up all sorts of visuals of the historic aggy football team hangout known as "The Chicken Ranch." I would like to see the aggy who thought this name would be marketing gold.

Next, the players' cleverly disguised for their "hydroponic" weed was as Swisher Sweets. Has that ever worked?

Then, the aggy-rent-a-cop arrested Claiborne for a "noise violation" because he would not quit yelling that the cop was going to ruin his football career. (I am guessing he will be able to get out of this charge, if he can stop yelling about his career long enough).

On top of all that, they probably would have gotten away with everything if they only had not parked in a handicap parking space.

Lastly, for bonus points, in the backseat was 18 year old 2014 5* WR Speedy Noil. Miraculously, the 5* receiver was not arrested.

This story has aggy written all over it.

Edited by Juan Grande

Fascinating how some of you are able to make character determinations on noil given that he's only been in college for a few weeks.

Y'all must have some true inside information to already be able to determine that he's "not an angel" and that his parents wouldn't be surprised about this behavior.

Hmmmm - it's just as fascinating to see how you make just the opposite character determination - especially considering the documented reports. It's called guilt by association. It doesn't matter if it is fair or not because the simple matter of it is - he shouldn't have been there.

And, if it walks like a duck.....

I've got my popcorn ready. Hilarious. Aggy is fantastic at one thing and one thing only, f*cking up a wet dream. See Clayton Williams and Rick Perry for high profile examples.

aggy got tired of trying to keep up with Texas so they decided to keep up with LSU, instead. And the best part is that they are just starting to morph into an SEC version of "full aggy."

In a few years, there will be FOIA requests for emails between Sumlin and Hyman that speak to Sumlin's battle to overlook the arrests and keep every player eligible and Hyman's concerns about how the discipline issues are affecting the image of the university.

those foia requests can get expensive. hope someone with deep pockets leads that charge :)

I have sometimes wondered if we offered to publicly expand funding of NCAA enforcement, if they would actually do more to ferret out the cheaters (or would just take more vacations in the Caymans?)

UT picked up the tab for Wallace Hall's requests that ran over 800,000 documents and cost over $1 mil. We know we can at least get that many documents with costs waived.

hey if UT wants to put up money for a wild goose chase to somehow prove dissent in the A&M athletic department, that's their business.

something tells me they have other things to focus on though.

FWIW. richmond was not on the team last fall. marshall was listed on the roster (although rumors were that he left the team before the fall), but never dressed out. fairly confident that he is no longer on the team.

the folks in this story were found with less than 2 ounces of weed. i'm not sure where the reputation for "stacking" is coming from, but aside from claiborne i've heard of no such issues.

as for agricultural leadership, it's no different than "youth and community studies" at UT.

no excuse for what these kids did, but i doubt the situation is quite as dire as it's made out to be.

Really? Why would I expect anything different.

hey if UT wants to put up money for a wild goose chase to somehow prove dissent in the A&M athletic department, that's their business.

something tells me they have other things to focus on though.

Obviously, you don't quite know how these things work. When the request goes to UT, UT uses its resources to comply with the law. (here comes the tricky part) When the request goes to tamu, tamu uses its resources to comply with the law. When a Texas resident sends a request for documents to tamu under the Texas Public Information Act, tamu doesn't get to bill UT for what it costs tamu to comply with Texas law.

i'm sure A&M would be for it as well. but i dont think there's a lot of trust right now between institutions and the NCAA given how emmert handled the penn state investigation. i doubt that any institution would feel confident enough in what the NCAA could do to throw any money at the group.

LOL, I was trying to be a little sarcastic, but you have cut my legs from under me.

I have no doubt the institutions themselves would support financing more teeth for the NCAA. The coaches, however, are a different story and some schools will have the cheat mindset permeate all the way to the presidents. I wonder how rabid schools like LSU, Alabama, Auburn and, yes, A&M would actually feel about the cleaning up of the rampant gray area cheating we see today?

The underlying facts of this arrest read like a Cheech and Chong movie script.......

here is the clip I was envisioning when I read that story.

"What do you guys want?"

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_RmxW4GJ1GA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I wonder how rabid schools like LSU, Alabama, Auburn and, yes, A&M would actually feel about the cleaning up of the rampant gray area cheating we see today?

i'd probably include UT in on this. and ohio state. and florida state. and every other "big time" football school in the country.

i'm fairly confident that every school cheats to a certain extent. how blatant they are, or how much the flaunt the cheating is up in the air, but i doubt there is a single program out there that is 100% clean in every way shape and form.