Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Backfire on Crossfire

Randolph Duke

One thing in this week's Crossfire caught my eye and I thought I would run with it to see if we could get jump start on "20 Questions" next week.

I saw the following Crossfire question and McPhaul's answer:

Q) Is Patterson accepting resumes? If so, how can I get it to him?

A) I’m having lunch with him soon so, email it to me. I will see that he gets it.

If McPhaul is having lunch with Patterson and gets time for Q and A, what are the specific questions we want answered?

Short and concise, 20 words or less.

1) How does it feel to be back in Austin? Does it feel like home or is this just another job? (start with the easy questions)

2) When do you feel the transition will end and we can legitimately consider the Steve Patterson era to have begun?

3) Have you talked to Deloss lately? How is he doing?

4) Have you had the opportunity to spend time with the BMDs? Are they on board with your plans for the program?

5) What is your long term vision for the UT basketball program? Do they include Rick Barnes?

6) You have retained Disney for football game day atmosphere. Does Disney understand tailgating?

7) You have mentioned $200 mil as your target for athletics revenues. What is your target for athletics expenses?

8) Will we get a world class sports medicine and rehabilitation institute as part of the new med medical school complex?

9) You are famous for tweeting during games while AD at ASU. Can we expect the same at UT this fall?

...who wants to add questions they want McPhaul to ask Steve Patterson. 20 words or less.

RE:Penn State you replied, "messy...past closure". Disagree; no way a large charity funded by PSU donors ran for a decade for one pedophile, hidden by 50 persons. Not past closure needs exposure. Will it happen?

I meant it is a messy topic.

Will exposure happen? I doubt it. History shows us that these types of deals have been swept under the rug.

Does he know we have fallen behind in the race to have the best facilities in college football?

I think everyone is missing Charlie's point.

Charlie does not want to hear any excuses from his players on why they can't win now so, he certainly is not going to admit they have

inadequate facilities to work with.

You can bet we will catch up under Strong & Patterson.

I think everyone is missing Charlie's point.

Charlie does not want to hear any excuses from his players on why they can't win now so, he certainly is not going to admit they have

inadequate facilities to work with.

You can bet we will catch up under Strong & Patterson.

Schools file financial reports with the NCAA on or before Jan 15 of each year. I have the Jan 2013 report, but haven't seen the one filed this year. In those reports, book value of athletic facilities are listed. Book value is cost, less debt, less depreciation. The book value of UT's facilities are absolutely not falling behind that of other schools. In the 2013 report, UT's athletics facilities were listed at just under $300 mil. OU's were around $200 mil and aggy's were just over $110 mil. We are spending a lot on facilities. Part of the cost might be that because we are becoming landlocked, we are having to do things such as build underground facilities while other schools just build on unused land. I will get the reports put on the server if people care to look at them. I am working on a piece that will discuss the 2013 and 2014 reports, examine changes and give hard numbers for a number of schools. When I get the 2014 reports, I will put the article up on the site.