Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Two Tight End Looks Next Year

utisdabomb12

I have a feeling we are going to see a lot of two tight end looks next year. Swaim was one of the more underrated players we had last year. Swaim can't catch, but was one of our best blockers last year IMO. I've been watching some game film of Blake Whiteley. The guy is a beast blocker and adds the ability to catch. I can see a lot of stacking the line and pounding the ball with two tight end sets, with some play action passes utilizing Whiteley. I'm interested to see what formations Wickline and Watson use, but I still think we need to be a run first team with the lineman with have/tightends that can block/running back core we have.

I have a feeling we are going to see a lot of two tight end looks next year. Swaim was one of the more underrated players we had last year. Swaim can't catch, but was one of our best blockers last year IMO. I've been watching some game film of Blake Whiteley. The guy is a beast blocker and adds the ability to catch. I can see a lot of stacking the line and pounding the ball with two tight end sets, with some play action passes utilizing Whiteley. I'm interested to see what formations Wickline and Watson use, but I still think we need to be a run first team with the lineman with have/tightends that can block/running back core we have.

Have you found any JC footage for Whitley? All I have seen was high school footage against Canadian teenagers. Seemed to be a good pass catcher, but I don't recall seeing blocking footage. Let me know what else may be out their to view.

To say Swaim "can't catch" is not right. Check out his JUCO highlites:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/670940/highlights/19872430

I like the way they used him as an inline TE, FB and Hback. He's not as athletic as Whiteley but I think they can be used interchangeably.

He had some serious stone hands for us but clean slate time. . .

I think we erred not using MJ out of the slot this past year. . .he was a nightmarish mis match but we failed to utlilze him. . .

We should have a wealth of pass catching options in 2014. . .I think Sanders and Marcus have star potential and Jacoby and Daje as well . ..