Find results in...

Basketball transfer

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

going? coming? year eligible?

Lew Alcindor?

slim my man that is really going back in time some of the younger posters don't even know who Lew Alcindor was. My friends y'all have a great weekend

I'm old enough to remember him. I grew up going to the watch him play the Bulls when he was still Lou and played for the Bucks.

I'm old enough to remember him. I grew up going to the watch him play the Bulls when he was still Lou and played for the Bucks.

Chitownhorn then you remember the big shoot in the Dome when the UH took on UCLA and the two big stars Elvin Hayes and Lew Alcindor went at each other. The UH won the game by 2 are 3 points. The UH would go on to the NCAA tournament and lose to UCLA. That was some great basketball. My friends y'all have a great weekend

Chitownhorn then you remember the big shoot in the Dome when the UH took on UCLA and the two big stars Elvin Hayes and Lew Alcindor went at each other. The UH won the game by 2 are 3 points. The UH would go on to the NCAA tournament and lose to UCLA. That was some great basketball. My friends y'all have a great weekend

And Lew Alcindor is still making excuses for that loss to this day!

I actually heard him say once, he had something in his eye.

Truth is Elvin Hayes ate him alive (39 points to 15, the Big E also blocked 3 of Alcindor's shots - a rare event)

81429510-college-basketball-houston-elvin-hayes-in-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QUubDnOAyYZeNJQrfa9OtjzPy%2bXkChgXtM6FgFaIoZ5mHdK0LsFlYfJyBuwXXZZJREXVRlX98dHN7rNRLFXzpJ4%3d

Nice teaser on the mystery transfer, guess we will have to sit on the edge of our seats to see if they come out of the worm hole. Do we even have another scholarship available? Hopefully turner signs with horns which will occupy one scholarship. Have Barnett coming as well, and no visible attrition with the current roster...no seniors. Not sure how the numbers work, but I don't want to run off any of our current players who are having a great season!