Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have to work with a F'n aggy everyday

Hooked_up

I've worked with this guy for nearly 4 years. He's an aggy grad. I actually carpooled with the guy for over 3 years. Had 2-3 really good shouting matches while driving. Finally came to a head and told the psycho dumb ass it doesn't matter how much $$$ it saves me to carpool I'm never riding with his stupid ass again. If you have really never "known" an aggy let me tell you...ALL and I mean ALL the dillusional thinking they do is completely true in real life too. Thank The Man upstairs I am free.

Ahhhhhhh felt good to vent!!!!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Manziel has lost weight. RT <a href="https://twitter.com/freemaneric">@freemaneric</a>: No <a href="http://t.co/Z4Vs0Mc4rb">pic.twitter.com/Z4Vs0Mc4rb</a></p>— Bart Hubbuch (@HubbuchNYP) <a href="https://twitter.com/HubbuchNYP/statuses/434206134875222016">February 14, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The ags are an amazing cult. In the past two weeks, since the WSJ writer picked up on my debunking of the ags' 12th Man story, there have been parallel threads on the shag and texags about the subject. The ags simply refuse to come to grips with the fact that they didn't originate the term "12th Man" and their hero really wasn't the only substitute standing on the sideline. Its amazing to see their groupthink in action as they attack the infidel who dares question their beliefs, then twist the facts to have them conform to the desired final result and finally congratulate themselves for being so brilliant. In two weeks, the two threads are at about 100,000 hits. They think they have my identity (they don't). Armed with their ability to never make a mistake or do anything stupid, they are stalking some guy in Houston, as well as his wife and their kids to extract some yet undefined retribution, all because someone dared question their "traditions." Think about that for a while. Grown adults stalking some guy who has no idea what is going on, stalking his wife and his little kids because someone else discovered the history of their school isn't what they have been lead to believe.

My best friend from high school is an aggie and I can tell you definitively that, yes, their cult-like group-think is fully ingrained. He didn't much care for Duke's "Story of the 21st Man" either. Didn't jibe with what he'd learned at Fish Camp.

He really didn't like my questioning the wings on the new stadium; Gill, Bryant, Sherrill, & R.C.

Why would you put 3 cheaters and a scrub on the new building?

They're good people if you don't talk aggie football and their mythology with them. But, at times it's unavoidable.

i've been flipping through both of those threads, and i've yet to see any reference to wife/kids.

Yea. Supposedly I have been married twice, the first time in 1980 in Travis county and my ex wife if a teacher's aid (if I remember correctly). The SEC rant thread is the one where they are discussing violently attacking me. I supposedly have one brother and one sister. They are busy stalking me via the internet to find everything they can. They have me as a pedophile who ran a ponzi scheme. But then, the ags never get things wrong, do they?

All because someone took the time to do a little research into a football game and came up with some facts that questioned what you guys have been lead to believe. You ags are some really fu@ked up people.

i have to ask...why do you care so deeply about this? why do you care so deeply about another team that you'd spend (what seems like) hours on end researching in an effort to cast doubt on something they do?

where does all of this passion come from? given the amount of time that you've spent on researching it almost seems like you're more of a die hard fan than i am ;)

just curious.

i have to ask...why do you care so deeply about this? why do you care so deeply about another team that you'd spend (what seems like) hours on end researching in an effort to cast doubt on something they do?

where does all of this passion come from? given the amount of time that you've spent on researching it almost seems like you're more of a die hard fan than i am ;)

just curious.

I started out believing the aggy version of the story and wondered why there seemed to be no first hand accounts of the lone substitute story from the 1922 newspapers or pictures of him standing there. An underdog team about to upset the number one team in the nation with the game in the balance seemed to be one of the most incredible stories in the history of American sports. I went to the library to pull the microfilm of the newspapers and absolutely nothing was said about the lone substitute. That was bizarre. Then an aggy showed me the 1921 Battalion that referred to the "12th Man" and I knew there were problems with the TAMU version of the story. While discussing it on either BON or Barking Carnival, someone told be to search google books and I would find the Univ of Iowa use of the term from a decade before the aggys claimed to have originated it. From there, my curiosity was up.

I searched the Dallas Morning News database and found nothing about E. King Gill until 1942. That absolutely made no sense. Gill was supposed to be enormously famous, but no mention of him at all for two decades after he was the central figure in the most incredible sports story I had ever heard. I thought Jinx Tucker's article would tell the story because Gill was spotting for Tucker before he came down to the field. Tucker had a ringside seat to a truly amazing story, but Tucker didn't even make a note of the sole substitute. Then I found a reference to Gill's 1964 speech. When I got a copy of that, it all made sense when I read about the radio play.

The research really only took about 10 hours and I learned a lot of practical things while I was doing it. Researching old newspapers has really come a long way with searchable original text. I had no idea how much is now available. One of my projects I want to do in my lifetime is to read the old editorials from the newspapers from around 1858-1861 to get a better understanding of just what did cause the Civil War (and possibly write a book on the subject). The version of history I was taught was that the Northern power brokers didn't give a crap whether the South wanted to secceed or stay in the Union and they surely didn't care about slavery. Supposedly, it was when the Southern businessmen expressed plans to charge far lower tariffs than the North, businessmen in Baltimore, Philadelphia, New York, Boston, etc realized their fortunes would be lost to Southern ports they decided the South could not be allowed to secceed and they pushed for Lincoln who was committed to preserving the Union.

So, researching old newspapers isn't something I find difficult or boring. The "12th Man" stuff just came together so easily, I just stayed with it until I put the story together. I crossed paths with the Horn Sports guys because I was working to lock down the "Randolph Duke" name at a number of sites and just stumbled upon Horn Sports. I started a conversation with bbdude back in 2012 and he offered me the opportunity to do some writing for the site. I knew UT was established by the legislature before TAMU was, and I read Jim Nicar's story that debunked the myth that the ag's branding of Bevo lead to the naming of our mascot. I wanted to make sure the documents were available for anyone who wanted to "talk smack" and set the record straight about the three big myths (that the ags originated the 12th Man, that TAMU is the oldest public university in Texas and that the ags were responsible for Bevo's name). All three stories and the related documents are on the Horn Sports server (I think there is even a library of all my pictures and documents, just as there is a single link to all my stories).

And there you have the story. I have a really fun piece on the UT/OU rivalry that will be coming out this season. I am working on a story about Freddie Steinmark (a Longhorn football player who deserves to have his story remembered). I also have a few other story ideas I am toying around with, one of which is to set the record straight about the contributions of UT, its students and alumni during WWI and WWII. UT sports history is a lot of fun to write about and learn about. Not many people really write about it in detail, so I took it up as a hobby. And, of course, rattling the ags is always a lot of fun. It has come to amaze me just how much of the school's history is embellished.

Yea. Supposedly I have been married twice, the first time in 1980 in Travis county and my ex wife if a teacher's aid (if I remember correctly). The SEC rant thread is the one where they are discussing violently attacking me. I supposedly have one brother and one sister. They are busy stalking me via the internet to find everything they can. They have me as a pedophile who ran a ponzi scheme. But then, the ags never get things wrong, do they?

All because someone took the time to do a little research into a football game and came up with some facts that questioned what you guys have been lead to believe. You ags are some really fu@ked up people.

They have you starring in a movie with Dan Aykroyd and Eddie Murphy, too, I'd bet. ;)

They have you starring in a movie with Dan Aykroyd and Eddie Murphy, too, I'd bet. ;)

Lol. there is a story behind my use of the name, but that's best saved for another time.

I don't mind people taking shots at my writing or finding holes in my research, but its sick and twisted that there is a group of people actively stalking some guy and wanting to mess with his life. They don't even have the right person, but that isn't going to stop them from doing something stupid. I personally think Billy Liucci is a piece of shit for allowing the people on the site to actively conspire to harass some guy simply because the ags feel they have to seek retribution because someone wrote an article that didn't say TAMU is the greatestest school in the history of forever!!! lolz!/!?@!!!!

Anyhow, that's for Liucci to explain when the guy gets harassed by one of those morons and he sues the living crap out of Liucci and gets the names of the idiots over there that have been stalking him and sues them, also. My fear is that someone is going to get hurt or they start harassing the guy's kids. How people can claim to be graduates of an elite, world class university and have a pathological need to seek retribution because someone wrote an article is fu@ked up. It's the kind of crap the jihaddis in the Middle East do to silence those they disagree with. That people like Liucci provide a platform for people to act that way here in the United States is unforgivable.

Is the WSJ story online?

Yes.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304428004579352693935428478

His WSJ article had a 500 word limit because of space constraints so he did a follow-up piece on his blog which is much longer.

http://www.vocabulary.com/articles/wordroutes/the-twelfth-man-a-football-phrase-with-disputed-roots/