Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Aggy Not So Dumb Afterall ???

Texdoc

Over on texag board, somebody with a good sense of humor bumped a thread called "pick your candidate".

It's a thread from right after the sherman firing, & it's an overwhelming lovefest for Charlie Strong !!!

Most of the ags list him as their favorite, & several want "Strong or nobody " :)

Fedora was a distant 2nd.

Even the ags are laughing. Only one guy wanted sumlin back then... :D

I'm sure they will file a trademark on the idea of hiring strong, much like the silly 12th man lawsuit vs Seattle, and try to collect royalties from UT. Have also always found it funny how aggies and sooners will buy our merchandise, car decals, to put on their cars upside down. First, thanks for generating revenue for UT, second- I wouldn't be caught dead displaying a rivals logo on my car right side up or upside down! Calvin peeing on anything decals: stay classy!

My guess is that many of them found Charlie's Rules appealing.

Those rules have several points of overlap with the so-called aggy code of honor.

The difference, of course, is that Coach Strong is putting them into practice.

No aggies actually do. Not in real life. That goes double or even triple for their athletic department, especially the football team.

Aggies see in those rules a reflection of the romantic ideal they have of themselves. Not their actual selves.

And, thus, as is their custom, some jealousy thus arises.

I'm sure they will file a trademark on the idea of hiring strong, much like the silly 12th man lawsuit vs Seattle, and try to collect royalties from UT. Have also always found it funny how aggies and sooners will buy our merchandise, car decals, to put on their cars upside down. First, thanks for generating revenue for UT, second- I wouldn't be caught dead displaying a rivals logo on my car right side up or upside down! Calvin peeing on anything decals: stay classy!

Just shows that Texas is always on there minds. Texas is better than that we never needed to show off that kind of public display of hate Texas is Flagship University in the state and we just moved own. But for some unknown reason that only an aggie would know they just can turn a lose of there number 1 love for Texas and the number 1 love is to show the public just how much they still hate Texas. I am so glad to be a University Of Texas fan. They have to much pride than to follow the aggie lead in how to hate a collage I don't even play anymore. My friends y'all have a great weekend

I challenge you to put the Strong resume and the Sumline resume next to each other. Remove the names. Pick a candidate.

It's pretty easy to have a favorite especially once you factor in the mess Louisville had when Strong arrived and the previous success UH had under Briles when Sumlin took over.

I think both are great coaches but the common person would undoubtedly have a favorite from the 2 resumes.

My guess is that many of them found Charlie's Rules appealing.

Those rules have several points of overlap with the so-called aggy code of honor.

The difference, of course, is that Coach Strong is putting them into practice.

No aggies actually do. Not in real life. That goes double or even triple for their athletic department, especially the football team.

Aggies see in those rules a reflection of the romantic ideal they have of themselves. Not their actual selves.

And, thus, as is their custom, some jealousy thus arises.

Wow! One of THE best descriptions of aggy I have ever read.