Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

OT: Insomnia

SFlonghorngirl

SF, you might see if they will give you Lunesta. There is not a generic for it as far as I know (costs around $60/month with my insurance). I have sleep issues....still do even when I take the Lunesta. The biggest selling point for it is that it's not habit forming and supposedly people don't do "crazy" stuff on it. My problem is that I can go to sleep, but I wake up in a couple of hours and then can't go back to sleep. No matter how much I relax my mind I never make it back to sleep. I dropped 30 lbs last year, stopped drinking caffeine after 11:00 am, and don't read my nook or iphone in bed when I have the lights out trying to make sure I am doing all I can to make sure I can sleep. It's extremely frustrating, and I definitely feel your "pain." I've got to get a more consistent workout in. If I still can't sleep after that I'm going to go freaking nuts! :mad:

Thanks! I will try Lunesta! Hope we can both solve our sleeping problems!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope we can both solve our sleeping problems!

Me too. Good luck! And with you starting a business, I think you should make sure to address this sooner rather than later. Your stress level and anxiety will probably skyrocket when you get the new business up and running--at least for a few months. And welcome back to the Great State when you get moved permanently back to Texas!

ETA: Someone in this thread mentioned flexeril (sp?). I have some pretty major issues with my neck (discs), shoulders (muscle tension), and back so I have been prescribed muscle relaxers in the past. Zanaflex knocks me out--one doc tried to get me to take these in the middle of the day. That is NOT recommended--I ended up taking a nap at my desk for a while that day. Started taking them only at night and they have helped. OTC pain and sleep medicine never seem to help me for some reason, but I did hear from a pharmacist that the Unisom with doxylamine succinate is the best OTC sleep med out there. Only one or two of the different Unisom medicines has the DS in them. Said it was better than Benadryl. I can't tell which one is better because neither work for me.

Edited by hornsfan65

I am but I love SF. Austin will be a temporary 2 year plan. Once I get business established, I can move back and work on business development in SF.

Ever dine at The Stinking Rose?

I took my mom there and she spent about $200 in their little gift shop.

Menu http://thestinkingrose.com/pdf/menu-sf.pdf

Edited by Juan Grande

LOL......Maybe for the Cal game, we can have a HS happy hour/dinner in SF! Looking ahead 2 years!

I was one of the ones happy to be going to the Pac 10/12, before they pulled the rug out from under me.

I have traveled to see Horns all over, but dont really enjoy going to B12 away games (no fun).

Pac 10 away games = lots more fun.

I was one of the ones happy to be going to the Pac 10/12, before they pulled the rug out from under me.

I have traveled to see Horns all over, but dont really enjoy going to B12 away games (no fun).

Pac 10 away games = lots more fun.

Hell yeah. It's all about destination cities. Pac 12 cities better than Big 12 cities by a million miles. My favorite Pac 12 campus is a tie between Stanford and Washington with UCLA a close 2nd.

Hell yeah. It's all about destination cities. Pac 12 cities better than Big 12 cities by a million miles. My favorite Pac 12 campus is a tie between Stanford and Washington with UCLA a close 2nd.

I been to a couple Cal-Stanford and UCLA-Stanford games in Palo Alto, pretty cool bowl with the trees and all (an old UT rommmate lived in Mtn View and had tickets).

Have not been to UDub but always thought arriving at game by boat would be a blast. We need to schedule them. I would probably be snonkered by kickoff.

293231_179265398811008_3465094_n.jpg