Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

SFlonghorngirl

Jordan Spieth

My favorite shot the whole tournament was late Saturday. 

Spieth had an incredible day and on 18 he was in a little trouble with a ball laying about 30-40 yards from the green.  He had a tricky lie to hit over a large bunker and on to an uneven green.

A TON of pressure on Spieth not to bogey the hole or worse. Spieth steps up hits a GREAT shot over the bunker and rolls it close enough to the pin to to sink it and par the hole.  Preserving his lead finishing the day 4 or 5 under (can't remember now).

He had so many great shots it is hard to pick out one but this one stood out to me.

Don't know if this has been posted, but in case not…

Here is a hand written letter that Jordan wrote in 2009 (age 16) to the family who funded the scholarship that helped pay his tuition at Jesuit High School.

Total class act. So proud he's a Longhorn… and Texan.

"My name is Jordan Spieth, and I am currently a Junior at Jesuit. I appreciate all the help you have offered to Jesuit. Thank you for the Joseph M. Murphy Memorial Scholarship Fund. … I play on the Jesuit golf team, and I am ranked the number 1 junior golfer in the country. My dream is to play professionally and win the Masters."

image1.jpg