Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Thank you, Green Thumb Landscaping (aka SirHornsALot)

Longhorns96

Who says advertising doesn't work? Huh? Well, you have one very satisfied customer here.

When I walked out of my house a month or so ago, my son asked me, "Daddy, is some of the grass playing hide and seek?" At first I didn't know what the heck he was talking about. I mean, who understands every sentence that comes out of a 3-yr old's mouth anyway? But, then it hit me. He was seeing exactly what I had been ignoring for the past couple of months. My lawn had been hit hard by grubs.

I stumbled across the "Landscape Thread" on here, and began reading. After getting all kinds of advice, I decided to email our Official Horn Sports Landscaper and Landscape Designer, Mark. He asked about my address and the kind of grass I had in my lawn. He said that he knew immediately how to take care of this, and submitted a schedule of how he would take care of it, if it were his own lawn.

It didn't take me long to think it through. I emailed Mark back and asked him when he could get started. A few days later, he had a crew in my driveway, spreading compost all over the front and back yard. Of course it stinks whenever the wind blows, and my neighbors walk by and hold their noses, but from what I understand, it will all be worth it in the long run.

My son is also happier now, because he knows that after we get a couple rainstorms, the grass will stop "playing hide and seek" and will come out nice and plush and green.

He never hesitates to tell all of our friends and guests that they shouldn't walk on our lawn because "it's covered in poop!" and we have to wait for it to rain first. I have no doubt that there will be some neighbors who will be asking about Green Thumb after this spring/summer. And I will be happy to pass on the business.

Thanks again, Mark. Your guys did an outstanding job.

• Administrators
Who says advertising doesn't work? Huh? Well, you have one very satisfied customer here.

When I walked out of my house a month or so ago, my son asked me, "Daddy, is some of the grass playing hide and seek?" At first I didn't know what the heck he was talking about. I mean, who understands every sentence that comes out of a 3-yr old's mouth anyway? But, then it hit me. He was seeing exactly what I had been ignoring for the past couple of months. My lawn had been hit hard by grubs.

I stumbled across the "Landscape Thread" on here, and began reading. After getting all kinds of advice, I decided to email our Official Horn Sports Landscaper and Landscape Designer, Mark. He asked about my address and the kind of grass I had in my lawn. He said that he knew immediately how to take care of this, and submitted a schedule of how he would take care of it, if it were his own lawn.

It didn't take me long to think it through. I emailed Mark back and asked him when he could get started. A few days later, he had a crew in my driveway, spreading compost all over the front and back yard. Of course it stinks whenever the wind blows, and my neighbors walk by and hold their noses, but from what I understand, it will all be worth it in the long run.

My son is also happier now, because he knows that after we get a couple rainstorms, the grass will stop "playing hide and seek" and will come out nice and plush and green.

He never hesitates to tell all of our friends and guests that they shouldn't walk on our lawn because "it's covered in poop!" and we have to wait for it to rain first. I have no doubt that there will be some neighbors who will be asking about Green Thumb after this spring/summer. And I will be happy to pass on the business.

THIS! We are glad to hear that Horn Sports members are using Horn Sports Sponsors!!!!!!!

Nice job Longhorns96 and SHA!

One of the biggest inspirations a landscaper can have is a child that wants to play in a full, green lawn. Tell my buddy we'll get it there in no time, but that Bermuda will remain dormant at least until mid-March (explain dormancy as "grass sleeping").

Many thanks for your business and I look forward to seeing your lawn improve in the coming months. And thank you for sharing your experience with others here, that means a lot to us.

Thanks again, I appreciate it!

SirHorns,

Do you do work in Leander? I have an okay lawn of Bermuda sod that was put in just before we bought our house about two years ago. It's starting to look a little ragged. Has bare spots and the weeds are getting crazy. Do you do a sort of occasional consulting? I can do a good deal, but could use some guidance from time to time.

SirHorns,

Do you do work in Leander? I have an okay lawn of Bermuda sod that was put in just before we bought our house about two years ago. It's starting to look a little ragged. Has bare spots and the weeds are getting crazy. Do you do a sort of occasional consulting? I can do a good deal, but could use some guidance from time to time.

I have several customers in Leander and yes, I would be willing to stop by and consult with you. I'll be in Austin next week. You should be applying a pre emergent right now if you haven't already. If you need us to, I can have this applied to your lawn tomorrow or Monday. Or I can sell it to you when I come down next week. We're applying Dimension pre emergent.

You can contact me at greenthumbtx@verizon.net or just PM me here.