Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Recruiting Season is in full swing

bbdude

Re: Heard.  I too hope you are right. 

I hope this data was bullshit.  If not and Higdon is right we are seriously doomed in 2015 people.

From the most recent "Burnt Ends" . . . 

With Spring football fast approaching, the team is involved in offseason conditioning drills. According to a member of the coaching staff, the team did some early morning running last week. Longhorn fans will like a detail from that workout:

“Guess who was right in middle of the front line? Jerrod Heard.  Dead smack in the front. Leading the way."

After the last 2 games (TCU and Arkansas), that’s all fans need to hear to further cement opinions that Heard will be the opening day starter in 2015, but just in case you need more…

"He [Heard] looked more involved than Swoopes."

And for good measure:

"Jerrod Heard looks good physically."

Yep, those were the days when coaches spent the night in cars outside players homes to protect and get original signatures.

We were selling Xerox "telecopiers" in those days but they were expensive and pretty much limited to specialized business needs, not very common.  I spent several game days in the UT pressbox  for bringing a couple of loaner telecopiers for press use.  Great game day experience until the time I brought my wife along and got chewed out by the SID (can't remember his name now, real hard ass & actually a good guy) because women weren't allowed in the pressbox.  We had to sit out on the camera deck and I had to sneak her food & drink from inside.

Yep. Switzer said later that if he'd known that Earl was going to ask God where he should go while laying in bed the night before NSD, he would've hidden under Earl's bed the day before. Switzer also said that Earl was the only high school player he had ever seen who could have gone straight to the NFL from high school.

I wonder if something is going on in cyberspace re: hackers or sunspots. It took my PC far far longer than normal to post my statement and there are not that many users on here right now to slow down the awesome HS servers.... himmmm.

Same here.  I thought something big had happened.  Last night there were 400 users online but currently there are 270.

I wonder if something is going on in cyberspace re: hackers or sunspots. It took my PC far far longer than normal to post my statement and there are not that many users on here right now to slow down the awesome HS servers.... himmmm.

They picked a bad night to have sever problems.

I love all our commits in this class, but here are

My Top Favorite Commits For 2015:

Cecil Cherry - cuz surgery will be required to remove him from his tacklees.
Breckyn Hager - cuz he's a Hager. Need I say more?
Malik Jefferson - cuz. Yeah, the world knows why.
Kirk Johnson - cuz he's all kinds of talented and a proud son of a legend.
DeAndre McNeal - cuz he's super skilled and most matured.
Matthew Merrick - cuz GrayShirt, baby! Loves us enough to come at any cost.
Charles Omenihu - cuz he's a UT PR machine!
Brandon Hodges, Ronnie Major, Tristan Nickelson, Garrett Thomas, Patrick Vahe, Connor Williams - cuz 2014. 'Nuf said.