Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Recruiting Season is in full swing

bbdude

I think it is safe to say that Strong is established in Texas now among the THS Coaches. I think instead of stealing A&M recruits next year, it will be too close to call on the top kids if we can show improvement on the field, especially if the win totals are similar. Sumlin has to win 10 next year to close any gap. An 8 or 9 win season for us is huge....a 7-9 win season for them could be a death blow.

Another thing to watch out for is the playoffs.  If the Big 12 has a team that is undefeated or with 1 loss and gets left out of the playoffs again that could spell trouble for the whole league.

Not only will the $EC be reminding any recruits who are interested in the Big 12 that the league will never play for the championship, but the rest of the Power 5 schools will too.

That will be too much for even CS & company to overcome IMHO.

Another thing to watch out for is the playoffs.  If the Big 12 has a team that is undefeated or with 1 loss and gets left out of the playoffs again that could spell trouble for the whole league.

The recruiting level we are at right now, even if it does not get better than this, should be enough to allow us to dominate the B12

FSU does it to the ACC

The recruiting level we are at right now, even if it does not get better than this, should be enough to allow us to dominate the B12

FSU does it to the ACC

My only concern though Juan is that FSU & the ACC have a championship game that they can hang their hat on. 

We don't.

NTG, No this one isn't about clicks. The question was brought up in a 24 hour chat so it wasn't anything publicized. Higdon made a couple comments on the question and stated he wouldn't say anything else. I know this is probably not what us fans want to hear, but it's an honest possibilities. OB has even alluded to the staff not particularly being impressed with Heard. 

If he was THAT good, CS would've ripped that red shirt. He didn't mind playing Bridgewater as a freshman. I'm glad we got Locksley because it does spark competition. We also have to take a wait and see approach with Heard. His high school accomplishments mean nothing now. 

CS told Catalon earlier this year that there was no way he would allow him to get beat up behind the OL we had at that time. CS said this because Cat wanted to transfer. He had proven he was better than anything else we had, including our starters. But he was being redshirted instead.

The running game suffered. Yet, they did not pull a desperation move and remove Cat's shirt.

I've known that Hig's contact is on the UT staff. Now, I'm pretty sure I know who it is. There is only one coach on staff who passed that BS. Even his boss has told him to let it go.

Again, to believe that Heard is the pitiful subject with as many issues as Hig/Watson are suggesting:

1. He would not have been called out on it publicly by another UT coach, and

2. One would have to accept the concept that Heard became so once he entered the Austin city limits. 

He was a 4-star QB with 2 state championship trophies on his resume. Unlike a system QB that we once knew, Heard is largely responsible for the two trophies Guyer won.

Not only will the $EC be reminding any recruits who are interested in the Big 12 that the league will never play for the championship, but the rest of the Power 5 schools will too.

That will be too much for even CS & company to overcome IMHO.

This would be more true if it were Oklahoma or Texas that won the championship, were 12-1 or better, and did not make the playoff. Won't happen, IMHO.

It will happen just about every time to any of the others.

We have a brand, and the rest don't.

That said: we just have to win. That is the name of the game.

CS told Catalon earlier this year that there was no way he would allow him to get beat up behind the OL we had at that time. CS said this because Cat wanted to transfer. He had proven he was better than anything else we had, including our starters. But he was being redshirted instead.

The running game suffered. Yet, they did not pull a desperation move and remove Cat's shirt.

I've known that Hig's contact is on the UT staff. Now, I'm pretty sure I know who it is. There is only one coach on staff who passed that BS. Even his boss has told him to let it go.

Again, to believe that Heard is the pitiful subject with as many issues as Hig/Watson are suggesting:

1. He would not have been called out on it publicly by another UT coach, and

2. One would have to accept the concept that Heard became so once he entered the Austin city limits. 

He was a 4-star QB with 2 state championship trophies on his resume. Unlike a system QB that we once knew, Heard is largely responsible for the two trophies Guyer won.

I hear you SHA. I don't think he was doubting his abilities. I believe it was more of his since of entitlement. Again, he may light the world on fire but Higs wasn't the only site posting some concerns if Heard was THE guy. He's not in high school so his state titles are moot. Gilbert had state titles as well. I'm just curious to see how this all unfolds. 

NTG, No this one isn't about clicks. The question was brought up in a 24 hour chat so it wasn't anything publicized. Higdon made a couple comments on the question and stated he wouldn't say anything else. I know this is probably not what us fans want to hear, but it's an honest possibilities. OB has even alluded to the staff not particularly being impressed with Heard. 

If he was THAT good, CS would've ripped that red shirt. He didn't mind playing Bridgewater as a freshman. I'm glad we got Locksley because it does spark competition. We also have to take a wait and see approach with Heard. His high school accomplishments mean nothing now. 

If I recall, either Burnt Ends or SHA had some intel that Heard was barely being used during the bowl practices and Wickline (?) called out Watson for it. Strong corrected the issue.

It could be a combination of things.

Film http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1421961/delenis-garrett

Delenis Garrett, 2015 RB, Tyler Chapel Hill -- the 5-foot-9, 201-pound Garrett said Georgia Tech, Navy, Louisiana-Lafayette, and TCU are among the schools that have shown him interest. Garrett has yet to receive an offer, but added that he plans to soon visit ULL and TCU. Garrett was among the most impressive-looking prospects Sunday. He's the definition of a power back who also has adequate speed as he recorded a 4.69-second 40

http://recruiting.scout.com/player/7812519n-delenis-garrett

He plays RB

— Twitter API (@twitterapi) November 7, 2011