Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Recruiting Season is in full swing

bbdude

Nah, I will hang with HS pretty late tonight, but I need my beauty sleep. 

I think we will have a pretty good idea want Santa Strong will have under the tree on Wed. morning, with maybe a Newsome or something for a surprise.

im 2 1/2 hrs ahead of you and it kinda sucks whenever i come in here in the mornings i know everybody else is asleep or probably asleep

Higs says no Reed for us

He also claims our staff is "still making decisions" about players

Expects that we will land someone(s) committed to other teams now

Expects surprises - says some players tell a team they are 100% then dont answer the phone (stuff like that)

He is currently calling for us to land 3 or 4 on Weds

A poster from TOS is reporting that a poster from even another OS has said that this Higdon dude has some really disturbing news about Jerrod Heard.

Para phrasing as best I can, Higdon reported that Heard has not matured, is not taking the bull by the horns and is not putting in the effort needed to start.  He further says the present coaching staff does not think he will ever be the leader they need and that they would not even have recruited him.

That is REALLY bad news, if true.

Can some of you Higdon followers confirm this or follow up on whether Higdon has actually said this?

The Kai Locksley recruitment makes more sense now - especially as a backup to Swoopes or whomever Strong brings in from the JUCO ranks.  No wonder he thinks he can start this year.

Update from Bobby, on 247:

--

Texas has NOT thrown in the towel on P.J. Locke, Soso Jamabo and Ryan Newsome.

I think Texas is making headway on all three right now. Not sure if any of the three will happen, but the Horns are in it for all three to a degree.

--

Earlier this morning, I would have characterized the chances of signing Jamabo or flipping Locke as close to long-shots. I don't think that anymore.

Newsome will wake up and sign with either Texas or UCLA.

--

Chris Warren, Deandre Baker and Dominique Reed remain in the mix, too.

Ok, my guys are in agreement with this post. They say we're still very much in it for the three you list. They even say we're not done with Mack. They're stoked about Warren, btw.

We get Warren and Soso is a luxury. One that we still may get.

No idea on PJL

Honestly, if I'm disappointed about anything recruiting wise, it's the more or less end of Brossette/Texas. We seemed to become infatuated with Jamabo late, entirely understandable, and as a result let loose on Brossette a little bit. I'll be rooting for the kid at LSU. Still my favorite back in the class.

My favorite, too. I was just judging by his Hudl on his skill and by reports on his character. Both first rate. But, I love me some Warren and Soso. Both are tremendous players with excellent character, as well.

I wish Bro. Bro great success at LSU and with his mom's health issues. And I am grateful for Chris and/or Soso choosing to bring his/their incredible talent(s) to God's 40 acres.

A poster from TOS is reporting that a poster from even another OS has said that this Higdon dude has some really disturbing news about Jerrod Heard.

Para phrasing as best I can, Higdon reported that Heard has not matured, is not taking the bull by the horns and is not putting in the effort needed to start.  He further says the present coaching staff does not think he will ever be the leader they need and that they would not even have recruited him.

Can some of you Higdon followers confirm this or follow up on whether Higdon has actually said this?

The Kai Locksley recruitment makes more sense now - especially as a backup to Swoopes or whomever Strong brings in from the JUCO ranks.  No wonder he thinks he can start this year.

I can say that either IT or Burton posted yesterday on Heard and it was a complete and total opposite of what you just posted.

That is what Higdon said....emphatically. Dunno if it is accurate, but he said it.

Higs says no Reed for us

He also claims our staff is "still making decisions" about players

Expects that we will land someone(s) committed to other teams now

Expects surprises - says some players tell a team they are 100% then dont answer the phone (stuff like that)

He is currently calling for us to land 3 or 4 on Weds

Is he mentioning some of our guys not being 100% commuted yet? Boyd *cough*

Yeah really bad news.  If true, this is an AWW SHIT! moment. 

Somebody better vet this out real quick before it causes trouble.

Enough with the micromanaging, overanalyzing, and parenting already. Wait until August and just watch the kid play before jumping to conclusions, reading frantic speculation like this is very annoying

Higdon reported that Heard has not matured, is not taking the bull by the horns and is not putting in the effort needed to start.  He further says the present coaching staff does not think he will ever be the leader they need and that they would not even have recruited him.

I'm a HD member, but haven't seen or heard this regarding Jerrod.

I'll let you know if I see anything from Higdon on him.

On Soso -- the Plano W head coach (Hughes) loves Charlie (in part due to the fine treatment of Jeffcoat) and helped push him to reconsider us (after we dropped the ball on him).  Their BBall coach (Morgan) also likes Charlie and his core values

The issue for us now seems to be this trainer dude (Underwood) -- who no likey us

On Soso -- the Plano W head coach (Hughes) loves Charlie (in part due to the fine treatment of Jeffcoat) and helped push him to reconsider us (after we dropped the ball on him).  Their BBall coach (Morgan) also likes Charlie and his core values

The issue for us now seems to be this trainer dude (Underwood)

...and yoga pants, the beach, and SoCal lifestyle

It's not like UCLA is a bad place, y'all