Find results in...

2015 Recruiting Season is in full swing

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok ladies and gents . . . . just got off the phone with a friend I've been waiting to hear from.     Daylon Mack will be a Horn. The conversation was more interesting than that but sharing it would

Ok, had another phone call come in. This time, it's the KM situation at hand.   I was given a lengthy backstory, an eye-opening version that is so controversial that I am deciding not to repeat it u

Alright. I've been holding my tongue.    I occasionally go and check your post history, as there doesn't seem to be much in the way of parity. I'm not saying that you should be a sunshine pumper but

Posted Images

I think this is my last year getting this involved in recruiting. I need my Longhorn football during this time period but the ups and downs are destroying my stomach. Too much thought into what an 18 year old kid is going to do and in all honesty it is starting to get to me. 

See you on the 2016 thread

I think this is my last year getting this involved in recruiting. I need my Longhorn football during this time period but the ups and downs are destroying my stomach. Too much thought into what an 18 year old kid is going to do and in all honesty it is starting to get to me.

It's a matter of priorities and how much is enough and how much is too much. I used to do triathlons and lived 24x7 with a constant plan of workouts day and night literally. Got to the point charting out what I was doing took as much time as hitting the trails, roads and pool. That and diet and the whole nine yards. Marathon prep a lot less meticulous. But eventually I just decided to kick back and drop the incessantness of it. Still, great to do it all once or a little bit. But agree... then I'm following twitter (I have all of 9 followers and 76 following (hey, Cecil Cherry follows me!).

Thing about next season... the "field" will be chasing Charlie Strong and his verbals and commits and the ones he's trying to get and hold onto. Horns win 10 games next season... and everyone will be after whoever this staff is after. So maybe I'll get pulled into the drama all over again...

It's a matter of priorities and how much is enough and how much is too much. I used to do triathlons and lived 24x7 with a constant plan of workouts day and night literally. Got to the point charting out what I was doing took as much time as hitting the trails, roads and pool. That and diet and the whole nine yards. Marathon prep a lot less meticulous. But eventually I just decided to kick back and drop the incessantness of it. Still, great to do it all once or a little bit. But agree... then I'm following twitter (I have all of 9 followers and 76 following (hey, Cecil Cherry follows me!).

Thing about next season... the "field" will be chasing Charlie Strong and his verbals and commits and the ones he's trying to get and hold onto. Horns win 10 games next season... and everyone will be after whoever this staff is after. So maybe I'll get pulled into the drama all over again...

For a really long time I didn't handle losing games very well at all. When Crabtree made the catch after that game I was driving my girlfriend home and my sister called me and asked if I put a hole in the wall. I told her absolutely not. Then I looked at my fist and it was hurting. I was so angry I hit the wall and forgot. It is a terrible story to tell but it is what it is. I use to really really let losing get to me. Obviously, since we lose more than a game or two a year at this moment I've grown use to it... that... plus SHOCKINGLY the navy calmed me down.

But with this I'm getting that damn empty feeling I'd get after a loss. I can sit here and think about Mack just dominating the line for Texas for the next 3 or 4 years and what he could bring to this team. Other guys, too. I'm probably saying entirely too much but man.. I just want these guys to be apart of this family. The idea of losing them to TCU or A&M is enough to make me sick. It just feels like another loss and to be honest lately, that has been the thing I've enjoyed about winter and spring... I don't have to feel them lose. 

Sorry... that was really deep. I bleed burnt orange like man of you do. I got a Longhorn tattoo on my rib cage. Most insane pain I've ever felt but totally worth it. 

After following Mack's recruitment I can pretty much say TCU is out of the running.  :P

There's not a bigger troll than Mack. No shot in hell he would tip his hand on where he's going, when he's tried to keep it quiet. 

You know what... you're all going to give me hell for this... I'll admit from time to time I'll go to texags just for a laugh. But I just went over there and to be honest, they were all very level headed about that tweet... or at least the forum I read. (and you guys are, too) but it really did kinda make me go... okay... no big deal. He wouldn't tip his hand that obvious. 

No way Mack is going to TCU. Not going to happen. Y'all forget that Charlie Strong has a lot of ammunition in his arsenal that doesn't include football. You can bet your ass that Charlie/Bedford are selling what Texas money/contacts can do for you over a lifetime v. what TCU money can do for you. And even an 18 year old can understand the difference.

For a really long time I didn't handle losing games very well at all. When Crabtree made the catch after that game I was driving my girlfriend home and my sister called me and asked if I put a hole in the wall. I told her absolutely not. Then I looked at my fist and it was hurting. I was so angry I hit the wall and forgot. It is a terrible story to tell but it is what it is. I use to really really let losing get to me. Obviously, since we lose more than a game or two a year at this moment I've grown use to it... that... plus SHOCKINGLY the navy calmed me down.

But with this I'm getting that damn empty feeling I'd get after a loss. I can sit here and think about Mack just dominating the line for Texas for the next 3 or 4 years and what he could bring to this team. Other guys, too. I'm probably saying entirely too much but man.. I just want these guys to be apart of this family. The idea of losing them to TCU or A&M is enough to make me sick. It just feels like another loss and to be honest lately, that has been the thing I've enjoyed about winter and spring... I don't have to feel them lose. 

Sorry... that was really deep. I bleed burnt orange like man of you do. I got a Longhorn tattoo on my rib cage. Most insane pain I've ever felt but totally worth it. 

Man can I feel your pain.    I know I've done & said things over some Longhorn losses that I'm not proud of.

Just thinking about the Seahawks fans tonight and how they must feel.

The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat...when we love our teams we feel it to our deepest core.

Thanks for sharing

Man can I feel your pain.    I know I've done & said things over some Longhorn losses that I'm not proud of.

Just thinking about the Seahawks fans tonight and how they must feel.

The thrill of victory and the agony of defeat...when we love our teams we feel it to our deepest core.

Thanks for sharing

I can't imagine. My girlfriend ask me why I love sports so much if they're constantly upsetting me. I tell her that true sports fans are the best people in the world. They take the ups and downs and they hurt and they cry and they live and die with their team. Most the time you fail with your team. But that one moment... that one time that they win it all (2005/2006) it is the greatest feeling in the world and it erases all that pain for a moment. Being a sports fanatic is a curse and a blessing all in itself and I wouldn't trade it for the world. I'm just happy God blessed me to be with the good guys! Hook'em!

I have a feeling it is crunch time and Strong and Co. are just trying to give away Scholarships to hit the 25 .... Is Strong falling into bad habits of old ??

- Does Strong think he is still at Louisville and can play Louisville's competition with # 761 players ??

- Strong did this the last 2 weeks of last year picking up bodies that were ranked lower than # 451 in the USA ??

... last year was an excuse, maybe even this year was an excuse because Strong has not had 2 full years like most coaches to work recruits for UT ... but I seriously don't like the idea of swinging at bad pitches just to try to get on base - be patient and take a walk

What recruits, in particular, are you disappointed with from the 2014 class, Harley?

Locke can't be a stiff if Oregon offered him.

lol this has been year of the TROLLS lol trollin trollin trollin RAWHIDDEE

Well in fact I grew up my dad watching Rawhide. Hoffman tv set my uncle gave us then got a....wait for it... 21 inch!! color! And guess who was a side-kick on Rawhide none other than Clint Eastwood himself!!!  

Great wordsmithing alliteration there, Sho