Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Recruiting Season is in full swing

Wr isn't a priority imo..Mack and Soso are. If Lodge goes elsewhere look at reed, and possibly give Newsome a call.

Agree, Mack and Soso would be great additions

on NSD. Liked the photo of Mack and Strong visiting Mack's dentist! Seems like Strong connected with Mack. Don't know as much on Sosos in home, but Mora didn't attend so that appears like we prioritize him more then UCLA.

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok ladies and gents . . . . just got off the phone with a friend I've been waiting to hear from.     Daylon Mack will be a Horn. The conversation was more interesting than that but sharing it would

Ok, had another phone call come in. This time, it's the KM situation at hand.   I was given a lengthy backstory, an eye-opening version that is so controversial that I am deciding not to repeat it u

Alright. I've been holding my tongue.    I occasionally go and check your post history, as there doesn't seem to be much in the way of parity. I'm not saying that you should be a sunshine pumper but

Posted Images

Yep - Lodge was only ever an option if Murray came here. He gone.

We still have an incredible WR haul with McNeal (possible H-back), Burt, and Gilbert Johnson. Plus Dominique Reed is still a possibility.

Looking forward to seeing how these last 8 spots are filled. Still feel good on Boyd and Hill tomorrow.

Have a lot of faith that Charles and Lampkin (and to a lesser extent Malik) aren't just blowing smoke.

If you will remember, Mahico said as recently as Tuesday that at least one of our targets that we were currently feeling good about would go elsewhere. But he also said we would finish with a bang.

I don't think this means the end with Lodge. Other things now in play. Perception here has been changed. Not what it once was.

Certainly don't feel it changes Mack.

Hill and Boyd will be Horns in a matter of hours now.

I suspect Reed gets an in-home now from staff/charlie and a formal offer is given in person.

NSD we get Soso and Warren and Mack, for sure IMO.

Kyler Murray: Heart with A&M

Gatorade National Player of the Year and No. 1-ranked quarterback Kyler Murray has ended his recruitment and remains committed to Texas A&M.

After a nervous week for the Aggies amid Murray's unofficial visit to the Texas Longhorns nine days ago, a collective fan base and coaching staff can breathe a sigh of relief.

"Texas A&M is where my heart is at," Murray said late Thursday night. "Coach [Charlie] Strong and Texas is a great opportunity, but I felt that A&M was the place for me. Not because of my dad having played there, but just the right place for me."

The finalization for Murray came after a Thursday night in-home visit by Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin and offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Jake Spavital.

"It went well," Murray said. "All my questions were answered. I just can't wait to get this all over with and get back to playing ball."

Murray's decision comes three weeks after Texas A&M granted quarterback Kenny Hill his release to transfer to any school of his choice.

Hill was replaced late last season at quarterback by freshman Kyle Allen, who helped the Aggies salvage an 8-5 finish.

Murray will sign his letter of intent to Texas A&M on Wednesday at 11 a.m. ET in a ceremony at Allen High.

Murray's father, Kevin, was a two-time All-American at Texas A&M. But Kevin Murray said that mattered little in his son's decision.

"Regardless of whatever decision he was going to make, we are there to support him," Kevin Murray said. "My wife and I are to support him wholeheartedly."

Murray, ranked No. 13 overall in the ESPN 300, capped a 42-0 record as the starting quarterback at Allen High in December with a third straight state championship in Texas' highest classification.

He finished his otherworldly high school career with 10,388 passing yards and 117 touchdowns, along with 4,093 yards rushing and 69 scores.

Murray is also an accomplished baseball player who is projected to be selected as early as the first round in the 2015 Major League Baseball amateur draft in June.

In August, he became the first athlete to be selected to play in the Under Armour All-America football and baseball games.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/12251796/no-1-qb-kyler-murray-picks-texas-aggies-austin-visit

If you will remember, Mahico said as recently as Tuesday that at least one of our targets that we were currently feeling good about would go elsewhere. But he also said we would finish with a bang.

I don't think this means the end with Lodge. Other things now in play. Perception here has been changed. Not what it once was.

Certainly don't feel it changes Mack.

Hill and Boyd will be Horns in a matter of hours now.

I suspect Reed gets an in-home now from staff/charlie and a formal offer is given in person.

NSD we get Soso and Warren and Mack, for sure IMO.

i had a gut feeling it was a long shot with murray at least he got this off his chest and he doesnt leave it hanging out his head

Amazing the shitty attitude people just took instantly on other boards over a recruit that in all honesty 2 weeks ago you had no idea we even had a chance at. Pathetic. 

it comes to show ya lol some people want to have there cake and eat it too....and yes you are right 2 weeks ago we did have a chance...it goes through the nature of the beast at times

Also it was posted on a site can't remember which one but after Locksley OV last weekend he said the other recruits and guys that were already committed were telling him to join in that we need a QB. So that tells me they already knew about Murray. But they keep tweeting this is gonna be a great class and longhorn fans wait until NSD.

I want to say some things. I'm new to this board and new to following Texas recruiting and woah has it been a lot crazier than I could have imagined. The news to night left me with an empty stomach. I was actually on the phone with my girlfriend having a really good conversation. Typically when I speak to her I put the laptop up to give her my 100% attention. I opened it up for a second to see something and it came across that KM was staying at Ag. She knew soon after something bad happened because I got quiet. 

ANYWHO: I went here and I went to HD. Thank GOD for Horns Sports. Yes, it sucks we didn't get him but you all are pretty level headed about it. HD I love because Jason is really good at what he does, but the people over there are all in line to jump off a bridge. It shocked me to be honest. We are Texas fans. Yes, we are in a dark period but KM wasn't the full answer. We have a great class coming. We have a chance at some great talent still. At the end of the day it is what it is, We are still Texas and they are still in our shadow. 

So again, this board is really amazing and I'm glad I found it. Thanks for not jumping of the ledge and taking me with you. Hookem!